Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alamo save time

Florida Junior

Alamo save time

Just read Dad's Taxi's day 1 trip report and it made me ask the question. Has anybody used this service and it worked? If so how did you do it?

Don.

We used it in Orlando 2 years ago and it was simple, we walked into the garage, the guy looked at the paperwork, pointed us to the cars in our "group", we selected one, drove to the exit, gave the paperwork to the girl who scanned it and off we went.

Recently in Miami, we went to the kiosk, re inputted all the information we again, as the on in screen instruction requested, got to the end and it said there was an error with the phone number. We called over the agent who told us to re input it all again, and leave the "0" off the mobile number. It waited until the end and rejected us again. We then had to join the queue to go to the desk. 40 mins later, the member of staff told us it was because we had UK driving licenses and that's why it rejected us. We were too fed up with the whole process to get into any further discussion as we just wanted to get on with the holiday, so not a good experience for us.

Hope you have more luck.

Diane.
    Diane.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Sorry to hear of your trouble. What they told you is totally not true and looks to be a staff training issue . We have many, many customers from the UK using the kiosks on a daily basis and it's very rare for an issue to happen.

Here's a full step by step guide to using the kiosks for anyone who has not seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    40 mins later, the member of staff told us it was because we had UK driving licenses and that's why it rejected us. We were too fed up with the whole process to get into any further discussion as we just wanted to get on with the holiday, so not a good experience for us.

I remember reading threads about these problems before we flew, however the system just would not accept our mobile phone number, we also had to re-input most of the data, so I'm really not sure what went wrong, but it did. We didn't think it was the license that was the problem, as the system twice told us it was the phone number.
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    I remember reading threads about these problems before we flew, however the system just would not accept our mobile phone number, we also had to re-input most of the data, so I'm really not sure what went wrong, but it did. We didn't think it was the license that was the problem, as the system twice told us it was the phone number.
    I've never managed to get the kiosks to work but that's probably me.

Just a thought about phone numbers. US numbers and cell phones have 10 numbers. A UK mobile has 11 numbers. I wonder if it will accept the number if you drop the 0, or did you try that ?

Administrator
    We've not heard of issues with phone numbers, and we get a lot of positive feedback from customers about the kiosks, so we know they generally do work well. The phone number is not too important, so if you have a problem just enter zeros, since they will already have this from the Save Time registration you will have done online.

Also, if you have problems with the kiosk in future, just go straight to the parking lot as you can do your paperwork there (although Alamo don't encourage this as it can hold up other customers waiting to check their cars out, but they won't turn you back). Only do this if you have completed the Save Time process before your trip, else you may well be sent back to the depot in the terminal.

We tried the with 0 and with out 0 option and both occasions gave us the same message saying the phone number was incorrect. The frustrating thing is it didn't tell you until the end of the process and then we had to go back to the beginning and input all the information again. We have not changed mobile numbers so this isn't the case either.

When we arrived at the airport we went directly to the garage (because that's what we did in Orlando) but was told we had to go back to the kiosk before we could collect the car. So it looks like everything that shouldn't happen did, including a slow puncture. We have always had excellent service from Alamo, but this time it just all went wrong.
    Diane.

We are always unsuccessful whether it be miami or orlando, some of us are just jinxed I think.
    Jan

On another note, If when picking up a car, you find scratches/dents does anyone point it out? One time we tried to get the lady on the exit gate to sign for damage as no-one was there at the lot, she wasn't happy, but I made her sign for it in case the yblamed me. It was only scratches around the tailgate from cases and stuff I guess, but you never know.