Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alamo save time

Florida Newbie
    In just under two weeks I will be at MCO collecting my Alamo hire car.
    To be sure I enter the correct telephone number format, should my UK mobile be entered as follows: +447831++++++?
    Or would it be safer to use the number of the villa I am hiring?
    Thanks David
    David

Administrator
    They would know about any damage from when the car was returned by the previous person. However, you are fully covered if you book through us so even if they did think it was your fault then you would not be charged anything as there is no excess.

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    On another note, If when picking up a car, you find scratches/dents does anyone point it out? One time we tried to get the lady on the exit gate to sign for damage as no-one was there at the lot, she wasn't happy, but I made her sign for it in case the yblamed me. It was only scratches around the tailgate from cases and stuff I guess, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    On another note, If when picking up a car, you find scratches/dents does anyone point it out? One time we tried to get the lady on the exit gate to sign for damage as no-one was there at the lot, she wasn't happy, but I made her sign for it in case the yblamed me. It was only scratches around the tailgate from cases and stuff I guess, but you never know.
    I always mark them on the form detailing bodywork damage just in case.
    John
     Sent from my iMac

Quote Originally Posted by David W View Post
    In just under two weeks I will be at MCO collecting my Alamo hire car.
    To be sure I enter the correct telephone number format, should my UK mobile be entered as follows: +447831++++++?
    Or would it be safer to use the number of the villa I am hiring?
    Thanks David
    after my experience I personally would use the villa number. I'm not saying it will work though.
    Last edited by Madabouttigger; 10-04-2014 at 19:53.
    Diane.

Florida Junior
    Hi

I have pre registered with Alamo for the last 3 times to Florida. Twice in Orlando and the last time in Miami. I went to the self check in kiosks and had no trouble any time just printed off the documents and went to the garage. I have an English driving licence and had no trouble.

Last time in Miami (October 2013) while I went to the kiosk my wife counted the people in the queue at the desks. There were 25people in the queue and lots of wives and kids hanging around waiting. I recon we saved at least 1hr by using the kiosk

Graham

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    after err my experience I personally would use the villa number. I'm not saying it will work though.
    Yes; I've decided to use the villa number rather than my mobile.

We are flying into Sandford this time so I'm going to try the kiosk there. I assume they have them at Sandford.

It does seem to be very hit and miss, when we first used this system in Orlando it was wonderful, Miami - well, least said the better.
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    Yes; I've decided to use the villa number rather than my mobile.

We are flying into Sandford this time so I'm going to try the kiosk there. I assume they have them at Sandford.
    Sanford is the one place it worked for me

Florida Chatterbox
    We have used the kiosk twice in Orlando and both times worked well for us.
    Elly

Florida Junior
    Well, I tried and failed, so, as the queue was quite short I went to the desk. Where Pete took us through the process he then started offering upgrades, he told me I had hired a chrysler and could have a camero which was much better, blah blah blah. I said I wasn't interested, besides I kinda fancied the mustang anyway. He then said there were none left to which I said was ok because I used to own a chrysler and liked them anyway, at this point his whole attitude changed which, having read lot of war stories on here, amused me no end, I suppose it didn't help when I said no to everything he offered, according to him the breakdown cover I got from here is not as good as their's and more expensive!
    So we walked across the street handed our paperwork to the guy and he brought round a Mustang, no questions asked.