Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dad’s Taxi’s Smallest Passenger Visits The Magic Kingdom. (Part 2)

Dad’s Taxi’s Smallest Passenger Visits The Magic Kingdom. (Part 2)

I’m quite used to waking up early on the first day over here, but this morning really was ridiculous. 9 month old babies have no sense of right and wrong when it comes to waking up early, so Miley-Rose probably didn’t realise just how anti-social she was by being wide awake at 0430. I call this reverse jet-lag “jet-advance”, but maybe only engineers will get that, I’m not sure. Whatever, it does mean that the first day of the holiday sees an early start. This particular early start meant we were stood outside Ponderosa 20 minutes before they opened looking forward to a good American breakfast.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ponderosa breakfast.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	873

From the Ponderosa on the 192 it’s a short drive to Magic Kingdom where we confirm that reports of parking charges now hitting SEVENTEEN DOLLARS are true. We’re soon on the tram...

Name:	Girls on tram.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	874

and then a packed monorail journey and finally walk into Magic Kingdom, for the compulsory photo:

Name:	MK_Castle.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	875

As the strategy has worked for us in the past we make a bee-line for the rear of the park, and start off in Fantasyland, which has seen some refurbishment since our last visit. Unfortunately the Seven Dwarfs Mine still isn’t completed, but peering through the fence it looks like it can’t be long until it’s ready to open. We board some clam shells for The Journey of the Little Mermaid, and Miley-Rose (and her Daddy Josh) enjoy their first Disney attraction.

Name:	mermaid ride.jpg 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	876

After which we go and meet Ariel in her grotto,

Name:	Aerial+Girls.jpg 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	877

and she is fantastic. Her interaction with the kids is amazing, in fact she chats away at great length to anyone with legs.

Enchanted Tales with Belle is the next stop, but Mrs Dad’s Taxi and I opt out of this to investigate the new Fast Pass system. This was totally fresh to us, and it worked very well. The fast pass system now revolves around a touch-screen terminal, and each guest can reserve 3 fast passes per day, all of which I think have to be at the same park. Dotted around the park are clusters of these terminals. A friendly cast member did the whole process for us, and basically he scanned a ticket, typed in the associated ticket holder’s name, repeated this 7 times, then we selected our three attractions and the stupid computer allocated us fast passes for about 9.30 that evening despite it being about 10 in the morning. After the computer had chosen totally inappropriate times the friendly cast member tapped away at the touch screen to reveal much better time slots for all three of our choices, so we picked the 3 times we thought were best, then took a photo of the screen (the friendly guy’s suggestion) to remind us of the wheres and whens. Since all seven of us were going to do all three attractions together we didn’t actually pay much attention to which name was associated with each ticket. This might catch us out at a later date I suspect.

Flushed with our success at getting us speedy entrance to three rides we wait for the gang to come out of Enchanted Tales. When they are back with us there is much enthusiasm about how fantastic it is, and it seems Kayleigh was chosen to be in the show playing the part of Mrs Chip the teacup. We agree that when we come back to Magic Kingdom next week we will definitely do this attraction again.

Next stop is Small World, and at 10 in the morning the wait time is less than 10 minutes. With 6 kids we’ve done this ride SO MANY times, but it’s a great ride and it’s a new experience for both Kayleigh, who is very enthusiastic about it all, and Miley-Rose, who is fascinated by it. Oh it’s a first for Daddy Josh too, but I didn’t gauge his opinion! Then we’re on a roll with our fast passes and we cruise from The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh, to Dumbo The Flying Elephant, where we are most surprised to see there are now two identical Dumbo rides. Having queued in the past for over an hour for this ride we reckon this is a very wise move on Disney’s part, as we had previously determined that it definitely was NOT worthy of queuing in the sun for an hour. Our fast pass gets us on in virtually no time at all, and after our short pachyderm flight Miley-Rose needs her bottle so we ask where we can get some boiled water and are directed to Gaston’s Tavern, where we find a lovely air-conditioned Olde English tavern selling huge, very welcome, ice cold diet cokes.

Suitably refreshed we head over to Tomorrowland and straight on to Buzz Lightyear’s Spaceranger Spin with Fast Pass #3, although Mrs Dad’s Taxi sits this one out in the shade and gives Miley-Rose a cuddle. Kayleigh surprises us all by running up one of the highest scores amongst us, giving Evil Emperor Zurg a good thrashing with her laser zapping skills. What do they teach them in the Reception Class these days? Then we split, as half of us want to watch the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor show, which I’m pleased to report has been updated to include mentions of the Monsters University film and characters, and others prefer the Astro Orbiter.
    As always I want to include more photos than permitted in one post, so if you can cope with any more of my waffle, read on below...........................................
    Dave.

Dad’s Taxi at Magic Kingdom. Part 2B

We’re fairly content with the number of rides we’ve got in so far today, and Kayleigh wants to meet more princesses (who wouldn’t?!) so we join the queue for Rapunzel and Snow White, who are doing a double bill today. Tangled must now be the most watched DVD in our household, Kayleigh and Georgia are virtually word perfect on it, and I’m talking the whole dialogue, not just the songs! So, when Rapunzel greets Kayleigh it is lovely to watch her reaction

Name:	Kayleigh+Rapunzal.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	878

And the princess herself is quite taken by Miley-Rose, and offers to help her out with some extra hair since Miley-Rose is currently a bit lacking in that department

Name:	Miley+Rapunzal.jpg 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	879

Then we move across to Snow White, and I’ve just realised I’ve not prepared a photo of her for this thread. I’ll add one soon. Snow White was lovely, and she too was quite enamoured with Miley-Rose, planting a big kiss on her head leaving a great lipstick kiss-mark.

Time flies in the parks, and now it’s time to find a spot to wait for the Festival of Fantasy Parade. It’s a scorching day, and at 2pm the sun is very high in the sky so we just can’t find a shaded vantage point, so in the end we give up and join everyone else sitting on the kerb on Main Street.

Name:	Parade_Spot.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	880

We cook, slowly, grateful for our Factor 30 and sunhats, until the parade goes past us about an hour later, moving to our minds at a much faster pace than we have previously known. They really don’t hang about, and I begin to wonder if we’re sat too near the end of the parade and a sprint for the finish line is taking place.
    I’ll not try to squeeze many Parade pics in, it’s been done before, but here’s a couple of my favourites:

Name:	Peter+Wendy.jpg 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	881

Name:	Tink.jpg 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	882

After the parade we go to start spending our holiday cash in the huge emporium on Main Street. I buy a couple of “toppers” for my car aerial: Mike Wazowski and a replacement Cheshire Cat for the well-worn one that has done about 35,000 miles with me on top of my car since our last visit. I also get the traditional photo album to sit alongside our others from previous trips here.

We agree that the day has been long enough, so we give up, and head back to the van and onwards to the Golden Corral for a buffet dinner and then for most of the gang an early night. Muggins here stays up making a start on my trip report. Oh hang on, it’s half midnight now! I’m making a habit of this. More soon.
    Dave.

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    Great pictures Dave, thanks for taking the time to get us all in the Florida spirit with your trip reports!

Tracy

I am LOVING your trip reports Dave, can't wait for the next instalment :-)

Wendy

Florida Chatterbox
    Great reports Dave. Only 29 days and counting and we'll be back over.

Love the fact you have pictures in your post. I unfortunately only had the iPad so couldn't upload them, and am now back at work and too busy to get to it! Appreciate you staying up late to do your trippie, it can be a bit of a pain, writing it up every day, but we do so enjoy reading them - Thanks for sharing.

Diane.
    Diane.

Love it and the pictures as well making it really special. Thank you
    Jan

What! No country Bear Jamboree?

Florida Newbie
    Hi Dave (from sunny Devon today)

Glad you are enjoying the hol.

What about a pic of you just to prove you really ARE there?

Take care but have a lot of fun.

Tony & Jill

Great reports - keep 'em coming!!