Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: 4 wheels on our wagon

4 wheels on our wagon

Woke up shivering, it's turned really cold. Looked at the air con unit and it said the room temperature was down to 60 degrees, managed to get it onto heat and warm the place up a bit. it's the first time I have had to use heating in Florida!

Mr M is a big motor sports fan and discovered that the indi cars are racing on Sunday at St Petersburg. He managed to book tickets on the iPad but we needed to go down to the drug store to print them off. Again the lady in store was so helpful, the store sold just about everything you may need, from Christmas decorations to a pint of milk, she told me the motto was "if we haven't got it, you don't need it"".

As it was so cold we called into a coffee shop for a hot drink, Mr M called Firestone (we have them on speed dial now) and yeah the tyre is in and ready to be fitted. On this occasion my presence was required, to stop me from shopping I think, but off we went, tyre was fitted, we all shook hands and finally we can get on with our holiday.

We went back out to Lido key to finish the MOTE tour, we visited the bird rescue centre, so many birds are injured by fishing wire or speed boats and are nursed back to health here and released if possible. The two Osprays held in a compound broke my heart. The did have room to fly around but no where to fish, or soar at great heights, Mr M says he won't take me to any more rescue centres, I think that's possibly a good idea. The aquarium was very good, a lot of volunteers taking time to tell us about the fish tanks, they are all so informative about the animal in their care and quite passionate about them to.

By now there was a steady pouring of rain, so off to Publix for sub rolls and Chicken for lunch and back to Siesta Key. I had an appointment at the nail bar, afterwards Mr M picked me and we had a drive around the island on all four working wheels! As it was cold and wet the island was fairly quite so we could have a good look around at the the houses we can't afford!

Back to the unit for an early night and to start re packing, off to Sanibel tomorrow and Orlando on Saturday.

Diane.

PS just to let you know I'm typing this up sat on the pool deck in the sunshine at George and Pam's villa, there must be a glass of white somewhere round here with my name on it.......
    Diane.

Lucky things