Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manchester to Orlando with Aer Lingus

Florida Chatterbox

Manchester to Orlando with Aer Lingus

Hi Folks, I am after some info about the Aer Lingus service Manchester to Orlando. Just booked 2 seats with them for 3 weeks in July/Aug at £800 each which was far cheaper than my usual with US via Philly.

What is the procedure when landing in Dublin?

I have been told we will clear US immigration and customs here and not in Orlando, is this rights and is it a simple process?

Do we still have to collect our baggage and re-check them in for the Atlantic flight?

When we land in Orlando do we just exit the airport in the same way as if we had cleared immigration in Philly or is there a secondary check of some kind?

On the return flight is the luggage checked straight through to Manchester?

Any other info, tips on the route and Aer Lingus would be most welcome.

So excited

Florida Chatterbox
    I have another question if that is ok. When making the booking I was asked if I wanted to pre book a meal at cost for the Man to Dublin flight. As it is only 1 hour I declined but I was not offered the option to book a meal on the Dublin to Orlando flight. Is this because a meal is included or because they are not available on that flight?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Your meal on the Dub - MCO is included as will a light snack just before landing. You will clear immigration/customs in Dublin & on the return the baggage will be checked through from MCO to MAN.

You will get a soft drink or tea/coffee on the MAN to DUB sector.

Enjoy.

Florida Expert
    Kirkintilloch, Scotland and Indian Creek, Kissimmee
    We have been using Aer Lingus from Glasgow to Dublin and then MCO for the past 5 years. In my opinion it is the BEST way to go!! Your luggage is checked through from Manchester to Orlando - don't know what time your flight is from Manchester - but the one from Glasgow is 8.30am and that gives us plenty of time to have a nice leisurely breakfast and a look round the duty free shops. One thing to be aware of - if you want any duty free - order it in the shops and it will be delivered to you at the entrance to the plane - the flight to USA does NOT have duty free on it (it does on the way home, though!). Clearing Immigration is a JOY!! I have never - and my next flight will be the 10th - have had to queue for more than 2 minutes to get through and I have never had a grumpy guy - like I have had on numerous occasions at MCO When you reach Orlando - you pick up your luggage and go and collect your car - you are on holiday!!
    Jean

Florida Chatterbox

Manchester to Orlando with Aer Lingus

cheers for the replies. Really pleased the cases are checked through from manchester to mco. Our flight is 8.0 am from manchester and gets into Dub at 09.00 am

Do you mind me asking what the waiting time is on your way home Vickk? I really wanted to use this route for our holiday in April but the homeward bound flight landed in Dublin at 0700 but the first flight to MAN that day was at 1400, so I couldn't convince the family to try it.
    Dave.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    Do you mind me asking what the waiting time is on your way home Vickk? I really wanted to use this route for our holiday in April but the homeward bound flight landed in Dublin at 0700 but the first flight to MAN that day was at 1400, so I couldn't convince the family to try it.
    Yes, the "wait" in Dublin for the flight to Manchester meant that we did not even consider it. It's a long trip home without having to hang around in Dublin Airport for around 7 hours.

I do like the idea of clearing immigration and customs in Dublin though. Wonder why they cannot do it in Manchester.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    Lands at 09.25 and Manchester plane takes off at 14.00. Not ideal I know but by the time the wife cottons on it will be too late.:>)

Just had an email asking if I want to upgrade to business class. The offer has a sliding scale like wonga where I can adjust "my bid" of what I am willing to pay and they will consider my bid and either accept it or reject it. Lowest bid it lets me put in is £260 pp per flight.

I'm so glad we are able to drive to Dublin instead of using a UK airport. Flight tax is non existent and our flights always work out cheaper, you can clear immigration with ease, immigration officers are nice and friendly and it's a beautiful spacious airport

Just flown Bristol > Dublin > Orlando via Aer Lingus for first time !!!
    US immigration at Dublin far easier & far less crowded than MCO...
    Bags straight through, immigration officer showed us pictures of our 2 bags on a screen & asked us to verify they were ours !!!
    We've got a 7 hour Dublin visit on the way back, it it might just give time for a quick 'explore'...
    Still better than the 'orrible M25 > M4 from Gatport.