Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MCO International Arrival - automated immigration machines coming

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Florida Chatterbox

MCO International Arrival - automated immigration machines coming

http://www.sita.aero/content/%E2%80%...onal-travelers

Let's hope this can speed the arrival immigration process up if these initial biometric machines are a success.

http://image-store.slidesharecdn.com...42-medium.jpeg
    Last edited by grayster; 20-02-2014 at 13:45.

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Used one earlier this month. Once used it gives you a paper slip, you then queue again to have it checked by customs.

Queue still just as long:-(

Loved watching folk put there "fingers" on the "passport" reader though.....lol.....
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by freddiehollie View Post
    Loved watching folk put there "fingers" on the "passport" reader though.....lol.....
    [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Florida Chatterbox
    So another line before a line then. Pity.

we used one today... If you get a big X on your white slip, you have to go for a secondary check.. Anyone without the X gets a quick question for the customs part.
    I got a secondary check, along with most people, but my Sarah didn't. I think that this may have something to do with having a bio-metric passport. She does, i don't.
    Wilf & Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfy View Post
    we used one today... If you get a big X on your white slip, you have to go for a secondary check.. Anyone without the X gets a quick question for the customs part.
    I got a secondary check, along with most people, but my Sarah didn't. I think that this may have something to do with having a bio-metric passport. She does, i don't.
    I thought most of those reader you could only use if you have a biometric passport? The one at Gatwick arrivals cetainly says only those, we found a huge queue on arriving early this year and saw the sign and went over tho the empty kiosks and were through in seconds.
    Babblin Boo

These new apc machines will scan modern passports, mine is 8 years old, but doesn't have the biometric camera logo on it.
    Wilf & Sarah

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wilfy View Post
    These new apc machines will scan modern passports, mine is 8 years old, but doesn't have the biometric camera logo on it.
    Does it have all the info on though Wilf, if you dont have the biometric chip, I assume it just has the scanner for passport number etc. but not the rest of the data the chip holds that is on the info page? That's the only reason I thought they will only use those (biometric).
    Babblin Boo

I'm assuming it's just scanning mine for the passport number.
    Wilf & Sarah

Florida Chatterbox
    we used the machines on 12th Feb. When you enter the hall they ask if you've completed/used an esta in the past 5 years, those that have are sent to the machines. We still had to go to officer afterwards, don't remember seeing a cross on my printed slip but my husband didn't get a printout so maybe that's why.
    Before a family had one customs form but now they seem to want one for each person.
    They're still trialling it and no one knows what's supposed to happen. Don't know if it did shorten the wait time or that we managed to get to the hall before BA. Reasonably empty when we got there!