Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MCO International Arrival - automated immigration machines coming

Florida Expert
    We used them at Tampa this month and I fail to see the point as you still have to queue again at the desk and have your fingerprints and photo done again.
    It seemed to take longer than it did before.

We were sent to the machines in Miami in August - nightmare. My fingers will never read (too hot and sweaty after a long flight and a dash from the plane to be ahead of the queue). I tried all the running fingers through hair etc but after several attempts the assistant came over and told me I must be doing it wrong. She tried to help - again told me to run fingers through hair etc but with no luck - she then got cross with me and I got a X. Gerry got through but as I had failed we had to join the main queue - now very long. Gerry blamed me for getting it wrong ( I can't help my lack of fingerprints - too much housework !!) and he was very 'grumpy'. We had to queue for about an hour and I was terrified Gerry would say something to the IO and we would be on the next flight home ! When we finally got to the IO, my fingers were fine but Gerry's would not work even although he had a tick on his piece of paper - I tried not to laugh but it was difficult.
    Our daughter has learning difficulties and can't do the machines without a lot of help - not allowed in the Gatwick machines, so although we all have biometric passports (6 1/2 years old), they are not much use to us.
    Last edited by Gerry Reed; 30-10-2016 at 07:01.
    Gerry and Sue