Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Re-entering the USA after a 90 day stay?

Florida Newbie

Question Re-entering the USA after a 90 day stay?

If I stay in the USA under the visa waiver programme for a period of up to 90 days and then travel back to the UK. How long is it before I can return to stay for another period of up to 90 days in the USA?
    Any information welcomed

You can go back the next day. However be well prepared to prove you have a valid reason for doing so and proof that you have work/home to return to in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    You can go back the next day. However be well prepared to prove you have a valid reason for doing so and proof that you have work/home to return to in the UK.
    Don't be too sure!!! I have had experience of this which I have posted before. It will be very dependant on the IO on the day. I also have friends who used to do this and eventually got refused entry and banned for 5 years. They could not even return to pack their home up. That being said, I had friends who regularly used to do it and it worked for them. Mind you, they were both in their late 70's so suppose the IO assumed they would not be working!![]

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    As Sandra says it all depends on the IO on the day, they all seem to interpret the rules differently. We stayed for 9 weeks before Christmas and returned to Florida after 3 weeks for a 10 week stay and had no problems. However in the past one IO officer told me I had already had my 90 days in that year and she could refuse me entry, I was supposed to be grateful that she was being kind enough to let me in.
    Lyn

As I said, you need to have proof of a reason to return to England. Spending 90 days and asking for another in the USA and then saying ahhh but I have a job or I am a director of a business is not the best defence. They are wise ti folks zipping in and out of visa waiver whilst waiting for a work visa to go through.

Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    Don't be too sure!!! I have had experience of this which I have posted before. It will be very dependant on the IO on the day. I also have friends who used to do this and eventually got refused entry and banned for 5 years. They could not even return to pack their home up. That being said, I had friends who regularly used to do it and it worked for them. Mind you, they were both in their late 70's so suppose the IO assumed they would not be working!![]

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    As Sandra says it all depends on the IO on the day, they all seem to interpret the rules differently. We stayed for 9 weeks before Christmas and returned to Florida after 3 weeks for a 10 week stay and had no problems. However in the past one IO officer told me I had already had my 90 days in that year and she could refuse me entry, I was supposed to be grateful that she was being kind enough to let me in.
    I think it is also a question of many IOs simply not knowing the rules - especially at non-Florida airports(Chicago, NY, Boston etc).

I have been given advice - meant to be helpful - that has been simply incorrect. e.g. You really should get a visitor visa, if you visit regularly, because then you can visit and stay as long as you like! Yet it has been reported here, and other places, that the London Embassy has occasionally refused to issue a visitor's visa because the visa waiver system would suffice for the applicant.

The bottom line, as stated above, is to satisfy the IO that you intend to comply with the rules of entry.