Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alamo & Sun Pass etc

Unhappy Alamo & Sun Pass etc

Hi,

I know this topic has been covered before, but I have gone back over previous threads and now more confused than ever. We collect a hire car from Alamo at Miami airport, then drive over to the gulf coast for a week and onto Orlando for a week. Our rental agreement does not show anything about using Pre paid toll programmes, however, I have read on the Sun Pass web site that we can use this lane on the toll roads and will be charger $2.95 per day to a maximum of $14.75 per rental period. This seems to be a good deal considering the mileage we plan on doing.

My questions are, do I need to sign up for this or does it automatically happen when we drive through our 1st toll? Will all the alarms go off every time we go through a toll and do we need to worry about this? Can we use any pre pay lane such as Express, Sunpass, Epass and Lee way or is it only for one particular company?

Again, thanks in advance for responses, I have a head ache already.

Diane
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox
    I used the Alamo Sunpass on my November trip, I just drove through the Sunpass or Epass lanes no need to register. Much quicker than stopping to pay in the cash lanes.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Diane
    I'm pretty sure it is $2.95 + tolls used just to be clear so the "convenience fee" basically is a maximum of $14.75.
    Babblin Boo

Last time we used Alamo from Orlando, the toll agreement was explicitly offered as an option.
    Wilf & Sarah

Administrator
    You don't need to do anything to opt in to use the Sun Pass. Just drive through the Sun Pass lanes if you decide you want to make use of it.

Thanks Roger, we will give it a go.

Diane.
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    I think most of the toll violation alarms have been disabled. Now they sneakily take a photo of your license plate while you drive through thinking you've gotten away with it!
    Mike

Florida Junior
    Just a quick question. & thought.

You say you are driving to the Gulf Coast after arriving in Miami ... Are there ANY Toll Hwy's on that Journey ? ( I think not )

You are Staying on the Gulf Coast for a week & then going to Orlando .... Are there any Toll Hwy's on That Journey ? ( Not that I know of if you use I 4 )

If you are Driving BACK to Miami Via the Turnpike then YES there are Toll Booths which are " sun Pass " only ( No Cash Option )

If you drive back to Miami Via I4 & Hwy 27 there is no toll road till around Miami

So is the cost of Sun Pass out weigh the few moments that it takes to drive into the Cash Booth & hand over some $

Some toll roads are cashless ( no booths at all ) so I would think the Alamo toll pass could save you a hefty fine if you found yourself traveling along one of these.

Dave

We will be doing quite a bit of travelling around once we collect the car, usually go up to co-co beach, perhaps Daytona Beach and around this area so will probably be going through several toll roads during our trip, however, I take your point.
    Diane.