Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Alamo & Sun Pass etc

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    The areas no longer taking cash in South Florida are on the southern 47 miles of Florida’s Turnpike, the Golden Glades interchange in Miami-Dade County, along with the Sawgrass Expressway in Broward County. The following link has more information
    http://www.floridasturnpike.com/all-...dTollRates.cfm
    Jill, the Airport expressway is a toll road without booths.
    I got caught unawares by this!
    Neil & Kay

Having just checked in on-line for my car, I thought I would pass on the info I got from Alamo:

"If you or any driver operate the rental vehicle in select areas, and generate an unpaid toll, you will be charged our Toll Pass Convenience Charge of $3.95 for each day you use a toll road or bridge plus the cost of all unpaid tolls. The maximum TollPass Convenience Charge for the rental period is $19.75, plus the cost of all unpaid tolls."
    Dave.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Jill, the Airport expressway is a toll road without booths.
    I got caught unawares by this!
    You have misunderstood my message when I said the areas no longer taking cash ... I did not mean they are not toll roads but are cashless toll roads which is why I posted the link which gives details of the roll rates. I know it is a nightmare round this area and you have to be really careful not to get caught out.