Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alamo & Sun Pass etc

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunVilla View Post
    I think most of the toll violation alarms have been disabled. Now they sneakily take a photo of your license plate while you drive through thinking you've gotten away with it!
    I'd like a photo but dont think I am going to get one as we received a toll violation notice today for when we were going back to the airport and we know for a fact each toll we went through we gave an operator the money , they were the only tolls on holiday we didnt get receipts for, will make sure we do now as Dollar have charged $15 admin (toll fee was supposedly 77c) so am waiting for their proof. it says you can see online but that says it was done electronically and no photo so waiting to ee what they come up with.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    I'd like a photo but dont think I am going to get one as we received a toll violation notice today for when we were going back to the airport and we know for a fact each toll we went through we gave an operator the money , they were the only tolls on holiday we didnt get receipts for, will make sure we do now as Dollar have charged $15 admin (toll fee was supposedly 77c) so am waiting for their proof. it says you can see online but that says it was done electronically and no photo so waiting to ee what they come up with.
    As residents, we have the permanent sun passes attached to our windshields. One day, I was driving a different car without a Sun Pass and didn't think about it. A couple of weeks later, I got the violation notice with the photo, all on one piece of paper. My guess in your case, Steph, is that a regular violation notice with photo, all on one piece of paper, was sent to the car rental company and they couldn't be bothered to forward that on to you with their hefty bill. The reason, of course, is that the violation notice they received from Sun Pass will be much less than what Dollar is charging you.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    You don't need to do anything to opt in to use the Sun Pass. Just drive through the Sun Pass lanes if you decide you want to make use of it.
    Hi Roger

We did this on our recent trip. Drove through various sun pass lanes feeling quite relaxed about it. However when we returned the car there didn't seem to be any charge on our receipt for it. Now I'm not relaxed about it at all! I'm worried that there are a bunch of fines and unpaid bills lurking which are going to jump up and bite us when we go back in the summer.

Can you elaborate a bit on how this works and how we should take it up with Alamo?
    Tonish

Florida Chatterbox
    When I returned the car the receipt they gave did not have the toll charges on, they charge the toll fees to your card you used when collecting the hire car, a few weeks later, well that has always been the case with me.

I am sure Roger will be along later and he will put your mind at ease, not sure I have explained correctly!

Don't worry, it takes them a little while to collate all the charges and then they charge your card.

I think mine took around two and a half weeks.

Administrator
    As said above, the charges can take a little while to show up. I guess it takes a while before Alamo have the details of the charges to pass on to you.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunVilla View Post
    I think most of the toll violation alarms have been disabled. Now they sneakily take a photo of your license plate while you drive through thinking you've gotten away with it!
    yep they sure do... octobers trip.. us followed by 2 other cars... son n his gang, then daughter n her gang... for some reason one of the tolls wouldnt take any of our money... all 3 cars ... forgot about it, bout monthafter coming home we got letters telling us each had think it was $39 taken from our bank accounts for not paying at toll.... next time we will pay in advance...
    Liesa

I can confirm that the toll fees came off our credit card about 2 weeks after we got back.
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox
    As already said, ours came through about 2 weeks after we left (I questioned it not being on the check out receipt as well). In total it was $11.50 which seemed cheaper than I was expecting as I thought that there was a surcharge of $2.75 each day, but perhaps this was only a one off fee for the whole period. So much easier (and quicker) than having to pay each time

Quote Originally Posted by FraserLynn View Post
    As already said, ours came through about 2 weeks after we left (I questioned it not being on the check out receipt as well). In total it was $11.50 which seemed cheaper than I was expecting as I thought that there was a surcharge of $2.75 each day, but perhaps this was only a one off fee for the whole period. So much easier (and quicker) than having to pay each time
    I think the $2.75 is a surcharge for each day you use the tolls so if you only use the tolls for, say, 2 days the charge would be $5.50 plus the toll charge. There is a maximum surcharge of $14.75 per hire period plus tolls with Alamo.