Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MagicBands & Privacy

Florida Chatterbox
    Where can you buy the wristbands ? ?

They're for sale in Downtown Disney.
    Tony G

Florida Chatterbox
    ok, are they available in most shops or just 1 in particular ?

thanks

I think they're in most places, but I saw them in the fit2run store on West Side.

...Not that I went in, you understand, I just noticed racks of them in all the range of colours... I have no business being in a store that sells fitness equipment!
    Tony G

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    ok, are they available in most shops or just 1 in particular ?

thanks
    And in all the parks. They will link it to your ticket for you or you can do it yourself I beleive. We bought an annual pass so they ordered the bands for us as part of the deal and we had to have them sent to us (took about 3 days ) They have even personlised them for us
    In the shops they are $12.95 each but do save you the hassle of keep getting tickets out for rides.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Regarding the info held , I did actually write to Disney a few weeks ago to ask them if it would be possible for them to integrate a system whereby they could also be used in case of lost children/vulnerable people etc. It could be offered as an opt in system for people so anyone worried about security just needn't opt in. It would only need to have a contact phone number able to be read by a reader and it could save hours of distress to people. It is surprising how many children will either get so upset they won't communicate with others or only know their parents name as mummy or daddy.
    Going back many years I worked at Butlins one summer in the nursery and lost children were brought there and even though it was a much smaller area then the parks if the children weren't registered and wearing one of the hospital type id bracelets they were issued,it often took several hours before they were reunited.
    they have written back and said they have passed it onto the relevant dept.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    Regarding the info held , I did actually write to Disney a few weeks ago to ask them if it would be possible for them to integrate a system whereby they could also be used in case of lost children/vulnerable people etc. It could be offered as an opt in system for people so anyone worried about security just needn't opt in. It would only need to have a contact phone number able to be read by a reader and it could save hours of distress to people. It is surprising how many children will either get so upset they won't communicate with others or only know their parents name as mummy or daddy.
    Going back many years I worked at Butlins one summer in the nursery and lost children were brought there and even though it was a much smaller area then the parks if the children weren't registered and wearing one of the hospital type id bracelets they were issued,it often took several hours before they were reunited.
    they have written back and said they have passed it onto the relevant dept.
    Great idea, Steph! What a great use of that technology.
    Mike

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunVilla View Post
    Great idea, Steph! What a great use of that technology.
    And I had an even brighter idea last night, Mike, (I can be really dangerous if I start to think) with a fine permanent marker people can just write the phone number on the outside of the band where it can be seen and it would work just as well. Should I wait for Disney to come back to me with an offer for coming up with idea or should I see if they think of this option as well? I shall certainly recommend it to any of my Guests who have children (also gives an easy way to get the bands back if the children should take them off unnoticed, if someone phones up you can arrange to pick it up.
    Babblin Boo

My son stayed in Disney and they were given bands as part of their Disney Vacation Club stay which had their mobile phone numbers pon the children's bands.

Andrena

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
    My son stayed in Disney and they were given bands as part of their Disney Vacation Club stay which had their mobile phone numbers pon the children's bands.

Andrena
    They must have implemented it the moment I suggested it Andrena. They didnt tell me it was already available but that they would look into it. Can I be nosey and ask when they stayed/got them? Also is the phone number inside (our names are printed on the inside) that would work for older children who could ask someone to call but toddlers wouldnt necessarily know to say (hopefully if they were found by staff then they could be told to check the inside of the band but it works better if it is easy to spotimo.
    They come as part of the package if you are staying anywhere onsite , I believe, and with Anual passholders and Vacation club. You have to buy them if you have a regular ticket. Good thing though is they aren't single use, when you buy any more tickets you just link them to your same account.
    Last edited by steph_goodrum; 13-05-2014 at 02:16.
    Babblin Boo