Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Choice of Community? Rolling Hills vs Indian Creek

Florida Newbie

Choice of Community? Rolling Hills vs Indian Creek

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I have posted but I do look in from time to time! We are returning to Kissimmee next year for our 5th visit and are searching out villa's. I have a couple on my shortlist and wondered if anyone could give me information about the communities? I have one on Indian Creek and one on Rolling Hills that interest me. We would like to be able to walk to the fabulous amenities on the 192 if possible (or mostly wander back after supper and a couple of drinks) Thoughts please

We are in Indian Creek, so I know the location, but I would say choose whichever villa you like more because both communities are right across from each other, so no difference at all in location. Indian Creek does have tennis courts, basketball courts, practice putting green, fitness park, two children's play areas, lakes for fishing and also a jogging/walking trail. I am not sure if Rolling Hills has facilities or not.

As for location, it's 1.3 miles from the entrance of both communities to the start of Formosa Gardens Village, so that will give you an idea of the walk, depending on how fast or slow you walk. You could always walk down and get a taxi back.

It's a terrific location with endless options for restaurants within a 5 minutes drive, so I am sure you will enjoy it whichever home you choose.
    Sarah

The US-192 restaurants are maybe just a tad too far to walk to, the 192 is 1.6 miles from each community entrance, but the restaurants are a tiny bit further, both left and right. However, Formosa Village itself is home to Outback Steakhouse, Giordano's Italian, TGI Friday's, a Chinese, Subway. Then just next to them you have Cracker Barrell, Carrabbas Italian Grill and the left of Formosa Village, plus Red Lobster and Wild Wings Cafe on the right.

Rolling Oaks Commons is a few minutes further (by car, too far to walk) and there you will find Olive Garden, Bahama Breeze, Longhorne, Flippers Pizza, Pannera Bread, Shula's Burgers, a Target Supermarket, TJ Maxx, Ross and a few other smaller shops.

Right across the road at Orange Lake Town Center, you have Applebees, Logans Steakhouse, Millers Ale House, Texas Roadhouse, Chuys, Joes Crabshack and Fishbones.

Phew, waaaay too much choice!! Good luck deciding which ones to try
    Sarah

I don't know much about either of these communities other than their location which is superb. In the cooler months I would be quite happy to stroll to the restaurants at Formosa Gardens Plaza providing it was evening and the sun had gone down.

Liz

Florida Newbie
    Thank you for your replies, great help. I think we have pretty much decided on Indian Creek. We wouldn"t be walking every day, it would just be nice to have that option for my husband who will be the driver! We are looking at going mid October so it won't be too hot for a stroll in the evening. We love Applebees and Cracker Barrel so that is fab! I'm so excited already! I love Orlando! We last visited 2010 and can't wait to get back! Three weeks of bliss! Must be lot's of changes at the parks, Harry Potter World had just opened last time! I love all the planning, the family leave me to it and I just show them my results and we then make a decision aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh! Love it!

Florida Newbie
    Thank you for your help, I think it's probably going to be Indian Creek, as long as nothing else pops up to throw a spanner in the works! lol[msntongue]