Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 59 days to go!

Sorry for delay, I've been away for a bit and internet access hasn't been great. Anyway, I'm home for a couple of days and asked Mrs T. There's a boat trip which takes you round the homes and islands of the rich and famous, very relaxing and well worth trying out. We can't remember which one we used, but there are plenty of them covering the Biscayne Bay area. You can see Gloria Estefan's place, Julio Iglesias' pad, Al Capone's summer place etc etc. We really enjoyed that one. Also lots of Art galleries around Collins Avenue and Lincoln Road.

Walking on the boardwalk at night along South Beach is also interesting. Mrs T enjoyed it; personally I was more concerned about the number of dodgy drug dealers we saw there, but she didn't seem to notice. Lots of really good restaurants, although you don't really need them as there are many small Cuban pizza places around South Beach where you can get a slice or two of really excellent pizza to eat whilst walking around. We were last there in 2008, so presumably lots has changed. We used to go to a place called Wolfie's, which was just the best kosher deli/restaurant in the world in my opinion, but sadly closed now. There was another really good one called Wolfie's Rascal House, but as we were last there so long ago I'm not sure if it's still in business. They served pastrami sandwiches which were about 4 inches high, and just the best things ever.

I'll see what else we can come up with. Hope you really enjoy your trip.
    Tonish

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    Finally we have sorted out our next trip, so rather than a post trip report, here is a like bit of info on what we have booked so far. We fly into Miami in 59 days time to spend 3 nights looking around the city, and enjoying (hopefully) the sights. As this is our first Miami trip any advice on what to see and where to go would be appreciated.

From here we collect a hire car and drive up to the gulf coast. We have booked a week on Siesta Key, Sarasota, again an area new to us, we have stopped off in Sarasota for coffee once before, on our way to Sanibel Island. Again, any advice would be appreciated.

And finally we drive over to Orlando for a week in George and Pam's wonderful villa, I really can't wait for this bit, although I'm sure the rest of the holiday will be fantastic. We will have the iPad with us so hope to do a full trip report whilst we are there.

look forward to sharing our holiday report with you all.

Diane.
    Hi Diane
    We drove down to Miami last November and stayed over night then set off across to the Gulf Coast side via alligator Alley did the air boat ride at the Indian reserve which was great and then stopped off first at Naples Sarasota etc but you have got to pay a visit to Naples it was by far the best place we stayed at during are road trip for the week. A must do is 5th avenue shops, restaurants etc and then Naples Pier and the beaches are out of this world.

Can't wait to go back.

Regards, Mark.

Thanks Mark, we have been to Naples before but it was so hot I just wanted to get back to the air conditioned car.

Peter - the trip around the homes of the rich and famous is going straight on the to do list, thanks.

Diane.
    Diane.

Florida Chatterbox

59 days to go!

I agree with mark. we usually stay on Marco which we love the laid back atmosphere but Naples is well worth the trip

70 days Togo, can't wait to get away from this perpetual rain!

Andrena

Quote Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
    70 days Togo, can't wait to get away from this perpetual rain!

Andrena
    68 days for us. Perpetual rain, indeed. I'm heartily sick of it. Where's the snow? Spent the last couple of weeks in Wales and it's been non-stop wet and miserable. Maybe it's always like that! Back to London for the next few weeks, thank Heaven. Hopefully will get a chance to dry out and get a decent martini. 68 days seems a long way to go. Roll on April and Florida sun. More immediately, roll on Dukes' bar and martini paradise.
    Last edited by Tonish; 26-01-2014 at 22:32. Reason: Grammar
    Tonish

Florida Chatterbox
    I would recommend the bus tour it takes you around lots of places....little Havanna, the venetian swiming pool at Coral Gables, Ocean Drive if I remember it correctly too you get a free bus tour that takes you around some of the islands where you can see the likes of Elizabeth Taylor's house, Al Capones etc. If you walk along Ocean Drive on the side of the bars and restaurants you will be hassled at every point with them trying to get you to have a drink or something to eat....my advice, walk down on the opposite side of the road (you still see all the art deco).

Hi all,

down to 31 days now, collected the dollars today and starting to pull everything together. New passport has arrived and the ESTA purchased. My next thoughts are how to get from the airport to the hotel. When we went to New York we used a Suppershuttle service that worked very well, anyone got any advice please?

Thanks

Diane.
    Diane.

Well we are now down to just 5 days to go, I have finally finished work after a really busy couple of months. I'm so looking forward to some rest and "getting sorted" for our big holidays. Mr M is still mad busy and doesn't finish until Tuesday night as we fly out Wednesday morning, he is feeling the stress. After a few days of sunshine it's made me realise how much I've missed it.

Diane.[msnsmile2]
    Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    Well we are now down to just 5 days to go, I have finally finished work after a really busy couple of months. I'm so looking forward to some rest and "getting sorted" for our big holidays. Mr M is still mad busy and doesn't finish until Tuesday night as we fly out Wednesday morning, he is feeling the stress. After a few days of sunshine it's made me realise how much I've missed it.

Diane.[msnsmile2]
    Enjoy your trip. We still have 52 days to go and hoping the time will pass quickly!!