Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Orlando theme park tickets

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for feedback. Any views as to whether the Water Parks, Fun & More Disney ticket is worth the extra money compared to a Base ticket. Anyone have experience with using the various "fun" visits such as DisneyQuest, World of Sports, mini golf, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach?

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunVilla View Post
    Me, too! River Country was the best of the water parks, in my opinion. I was really disappointed to return to Disney World a few years later only to find it closed.
    We too had fantastic fun at River Country back in 1996. A few years ago someone posted a photo on this forum of the closed down site, it was so sad to see
    I found the thread, it was 18/03/2005 but the pictures are no longer showing.

Liz

River Country was great and we had some wonderful times on Discovery Island, quite often the only people on it. Bothe were closed down due to bacteria in the surrounding lake water. They tried to fight it for some time but never managed to get on top of it. Real shame.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Yes we went there too, I remember it well
    Jan&Steve

Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    River Country was great and we had some wonderful times on Discovery Island, quite often the only people on it. Bothe were closed down due to bacteria in the surrounding lake water. They tried to fight it for some time but never managed to get on top of it. Real shame.
    That's interesting Martin. I just assumed they had disappeared because they used the land for other purposes such as Animal Kingdom. I am always disorientated as soon as I go through the Disney main gate! It has all changed so much over the last 20+ years!

I think it was part of the seven seas lagoon, not too far from the contemporary resort...........mind you, I could be wrong!
    it was definitely in the MK area.

Liz

We never made it although I would have loved to have got there. I think it was closed on our first visit in 2000 and definitely closed when we returned and bought our villa in 2005.
    I would love a water park that is a bit more 'natural' and less concrete, but understand that modern hygiene regulations have to involve chlorinated water etc.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    I think it was part of the seven seas lagoon, not too far from the contemporary resort...........mind you, I could be wrong!
    You are exactly right, E.
    Mike

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Yes, it's located just behind The Hoop-Dee-Doo Review at Fort Wilderness. You can see what remains of it on the left at this link.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    We only got to Discovery Island once and by the second time we went back to Disney it had closed and we assumed it was because they had opened Animal Kingdom. River County was our sons favourite water park - just goes to show you do not always need loads of fancy slides to keep two lads happy.