Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great Christmas and new year in Florida

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    ***!!\\??. We didn't go this year for the first time in I can't remember how long. Mrs T is not the fan I am, and is only really interested in sunshine, nothing else. We have had a long series of disappointing weather at Christmas and as a result, she was happy not to go this year (against my own wishes). I am looking forward to her reaction when I show her your post.
    We used to go regularly at that time as well but stopped because the weather was consistently quite poor. The last time we were there so late was about 6 years ago when we had 10 days in December when we didn't venture outside until mid morning because it was so chilly.

We went this year purely because we had to cancel a planned trip in September. It was very warm but, to be honest, I think we were quite lucky and would still be cautious about doing it regularly again.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 13-01-2014 at 04:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    She will be furious, but probably blame it on me.
    Ha ha! You poor g!t.

I love going for Christmas even if the weather isn't warm. Much better than sitting around here getting bored. We haven't been for a few years
    because of the grand children but seriously thinking of going this year. I wish I could afford to take the whole family out there for Christmas that
    would be great

We did just that Pamela , daughter 2 grandson's plus my parents , one of our best Christmas's ever

Super Moderator
    Early December was great and it was the first time I have had to shelter to watch a Christmas parade from the heat dressed in shorts and tee shirt - seemed very strange but am not complaining.

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    Hi, we also had a great Christmas in Florida.
    Because of the jet stream, we made 7 hours & 5 minutes for the return flight home from Orlando International to Gatwick, is that
    a record time?

Tony

Lol we did 6 hours 50 from Washington / Manchester

We have been a couple of times at Christmas. Thoroughly enjoyed it, the grandchildren loved the lights and decorations. We left on 10th December this year and had wonderful weather from late October right through.

Andrena

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrena View Post
    We have been a couple of times at Christmas. Thoroughly enjoyed it, the grandchildren loved the lights and decorations. We left on 10th December this year and had wonderful weather from late October right through.

Andrena
    It was exceptionally nice in November and early December and particularly as it was so cold in most of the rest of the US. I flew from Orlando to Boston in the first week in December and the temperature when we got off the plane was almost 60 degrees lower than that when we got on. I did read the highs in Florida were at or very close to a record and certainly a lot warmer than whenever I've been at that time in the past.

Off to California in the morning so wondering how it will be there.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 16-01-2014 at 18:35.