Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: November Golf again!

Florida Savvy

November Golf again!

After the birth of our second child last September meant a year with no holidays we are booked to go back in November this year.

As two of my bro-in-laws will be out there for some of the same time as us we are going to have a four ball at Celebration, as i think its a pretty looking course so a good one for them to play (plus they arent golfers, so just gong for a laugh!)
    Me and Dad will play another 3 rounds, probably Grande Pines again as we thought that was a great course, and am also thinking of Legends and Metrowest, as they would be two new courses for us.

Any reviews of thses two around, what do people think of them. Or have any better suggestions?

Due to play Grande Pines today, it agree it's a great course. Metrowest has just had a fortune spent on it and is another good course. Which Legends? H27 Legends is a good layout but a bit scruffy compared to the other courses, Orange Lake Legends is quality.

sign up for Dealcaddy and keep a lookout for vouchers. I bought my Grande Pines inc lunch for $39, Legends Orange Lake for $39, Orange County National; two rounds for $69 from their Facebook page. Also, I bought a day of unlimited golf at Bella Collina for $49.
    Regards, Mark

Florida Savvy
    jealous!! how did you get on at Grande Pines?

The legends i had in mind was the one by Clermont, we drove past the other one on the 192 a few years back, but it was quick, "hey look there another golf course" as we were driving to Highlands Reserve, so probably not the correct basis for if its any good or not!
    So, is it a lot better to play than the Clermont one? if so, ill change, especially as we are staying in All Stars so its only behind our hotel.

Ill check out Dealcaddy now as well. do you have to be a florida resident?

Florida Chatterbox Anthony Brook's Avatar
    If your like Mark and can book at the drop of an hat then the deals he speaks of are great but if you need to plan ahead a lot of these deals aren't there. I think Celebration might be a little expensive for non golfers. Money off for Florida residents and even more off for Celebration residents but would say you are looking at $70 each.

Legends is ok but not on my play list again for a while. I think it is a little bland apart from a stretch of holes just after the turn (the ones you look at from US27). OCN (Panther Lake) was good but didn't match up to Grand Cypress or Southern Dunes.

Florida Savvy
    i dont mind paying $70 for a round of golf in FLorida. as its only during holiday times and i dont ge tto play courses in that condition in England in November its ok.
    Ive paid more than that for courses at Disney so $70 is quite cheap!
    At the end of the day $70 is only £45 ish and i think that actually quite good for a course like celebration. i know more expensive courses here in England that arent as good.

am trying to play most of the courses in and around Orlando, i think OCN will be on next years Orlando swing of my golfing year!