Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to book booster seat

Florida Newbie

how to book booster seat

Just wondering How do I book a booster seat when booking car though this site ?

Our son bought the children a backpack which doubles as a booster seat. The kids love them, much cheaper and longer lasting than paying for a one-off booster seat.

Andrena

I love those - they're a fantastic idea!

Gold 5 Star Member
    We always recommend taking youor own, so you know it's appropriate for you child and hasnt had any accidents that could render it unsafe (more so with a car seat I know) they are so light to carry (if you took it with your hand luggage can even use it on the flight to help a smaller child reach the table if needed. (you wont be able to use it for take off and landing)
    Babblin Boo

Sensible advise Steph.
    i would never consider a car seat that I didn't know the exact history of and I guess a booster seat is in the same spectrum although obviously less to go wrong with it.
    when we take my granddaughter in April we will take her own or might splash out on the trunki boost a pack.
    They are on sale in Arcos at the moment for £24.99.

Liz

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We'd recommend taking your own for the reasons stated above. If you really do want to rent one from the car hire supplier, just make the order as usual and then email info@uscarhire.com with your request and a note of your order number and Roulla can sort it out for you.

Florida Chatterbox
    If the child is under 4 the Trunki Boostapak won't be suitable. I just had a look as they sound ideal for our granddaughter and noted the below.

•For ages 4 -12 yrs (15-36 KG or upto 135cm)

Gold 5 Star Member
    My niece bought them for her daughters but they found them quite heavy when they had packed their "necessities" in them (girls were 8,6 and 4 at the time so she ended up carrying all of them
    Babblin Boo

Previously we have taken a cheap one from Aldi or Lidl or somewhere like that, took it over in the empty suitcase that was to be filled with clothes purchased in the USA, used the cheap booster seat for the duration then threw it away after we'd off-hired the car. Total cost £3.99 if I remember correctly. This was for a child that just needed the height boost for the seatbelt to fit correctly, but I've seen seats at Toys R Us suitable for younger children at around the twenty five quid mark that I would still deem to be disposable compared to the cost of hiring one.
    Dave.

No child under four should use a booster anyway, they would need a car seat, so no problems with using the backpack booster seats. Our grandchildren are 4 and 6 and had no problem in carrying them. They loved them. Used them to go to Austria and also to Florida. It made them feel very grownup.

Andrena