Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Virgin seat select

Virgin seat select

Text below from an email sent from Virgin:

We are changing the way you choose your seat and are currently moving to the new process. You’ll be able to choose your seat, free of charge, using Manage my Booking but in Economy we will be charging for choosing seats in advance on selected flights from 1 April 2014. Seats will be free to choose at check in. Click
    http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en...ssignment.html to find out when you can assign your seat.

That's a bit annoying.
    Regards, Mark

I knew Virgin had changed when you were allowed to choose your seat, ie unable to book your seat until 90 days before flying. Seems like another change afoot and another charge too. Also agree with you Mark it's very annoying, especially when you want to get the flights sorted out and forget about it until you pack your suitcase.

It's a lot annoying! Cost will be from£25 each way, which will be a considerable extra cost for a family. We booked our April flights on 31st August, indirect with United, and once we had our booking reference we went online and booked our seats. Even upgraded to their economy plus for around $175 round trip each which is a real bargain.

The reduction in competition between airlines across the Pond is really starting to bite.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    We are flying Delta this year, seat selection was done upon booking. To upgrade to premium economy £70 each for the translatic flghts
    Christine

Virgin just seam to be charging more and more for less and less ! I hate not having seats until check in, it is enough to put me off Virgin. It's not important for a short flight but for trans Atlantic I want to be sure I am sitting next to my family. My daughter is Autistic and gets travel sick - so I pity anyone else who has to sit next to her !

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Expert
    Simple.... don't fly Virgin, they will soon change their plans.
    Simple economics of supply and demand.
    Simpy look else where!

Ok - I know that sounds simple but genuinely there are other options and if you shop around and don't mind an indirect flight you can save every time.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Simple.... don't fly Virgin, they will soon change their plans.
    Simple economics of supply and demand.
    Simpy look else where!

Ok - I know that sounds simple but genuinely there are other options and if you shop around and don't mind an indirect flight you can save every time.
    I know you're right but I prefer direct flights and from Manchester, there's just no competition. Also, I "need" to fly Virgin to qualify for their golf event finals! If I don't qualify this year though, it's indirect for us.
    Regards, Mark

BA want £260 to pre book 2 seats in club world. Otherwise you have to wait until 24 hours prior to departure to select a seat for free.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    BA want £260 to pre book 2 seats in club world. Otherwise you have to wait until 24 hours prior to departure to select a seat for free.
    And even when you check in exactly 24 hours prior to your flight there are no seats available (in economy anyway). There were 3 of us travelling and none of us were within 5 rows of each other.

Thats why I'm trying Delta this year. The UK airlines just keep adding extras on top of the ridiculous tax's which I know they cant help
    Christine

Gold 5 Star Member
    Perhaps everybody should be bombarding Virgin with emails asking them why they have such a vociferous campaign to get everybody emailing the Government asking them to drop the departure tax as it is "crippling" for families who wish to visit Florida and hurting the tourist industry whilst at the same introducing more "optional extras" paid for to boost their profits.
    We deliberately picked the last 2 seats in PE on our flight this week to get out to immigration quickly and because we prefer not to have people behind so we can recline our seats when we want only to find at the airport they had moved us to the front of the bubble meaning that the economy passenger behind us got disembared first. Fortunately we got into the second row at immigration and there were plenty of desks open (the catpatin did warn us to get off beofre the BA flight that had also just landed so we did beat them) but in the 10 mins it took us to get through the hall filled up so dont know how long the last ones would have taken. When we asked why they had moved us he said it was because there were so many familoies that they had moved all the couples upstairs , even so there were still 3 families upstairs.
    Babblin Boo