Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Virgin seat select

Quote Originally Posted by christhear View Post
    And even when you check in exactly 24 hours prior to your flight there are no seats available (in economy anyway). There were 3 of us travelling and none of us were within 5 rows of each other.

Thats why I'm trying Delta this year. The UK airlines just keep adding extras on top of the ridiculous tax's which I know they cant help
    If there's no seats left Christine. I'll expect an upgrade to First...[]

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    If there's no seats left Christine. I'll expect an upgrade to First...[]
    Should have said no seats together
    Christine

Florida Expert

Angry

Virgin are getting worse, we also try to fly direct from Manchester, but we will start looking at other airlines and indirect, we have done this a couple of times because of cost and looks like we will be doing it all the time. BAD VIRGIN!!!! Wish someone else would start flying direct from Manchester and give them some competition!

Florida Chatterbox
    Must admit as much as I like Virgin I'm getting brassed off with them. Unfortunately competition on the transatlantic routes is becoming non existent and its becoming more difficult to get a fair price.

We are starting to look at the charters into Sanford and are flying with Thomson's in May. We are paying a good bit extra as I want to fly on the Dreamliner but a friend of mine is flying at the end of May and paying just over £600 and that's for premium, economy is just over £400.

The only problem is that there are no charters from Manchester in November/December.

It's the "we’ve been working hard and investing in ways to improve the process" that makes me laugh.. improve their bank balance is the only investing i see out of this.

They'll certainly lose my trade once we've been in Feb... Just have to see if the American carriers follow suit.
    Wilf & Sarah

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We stopped using Virgin a good few years ago now. They really think they are something special, but they are very ordinary and there are lots of other good options.

I enjoy an indirect flight now the children are older as it's more of an adventure and opens up the possibility of a short city break on the way or way home.

We just booked for 9 weeks next September in the BA Sale. It was £560 each but if we wanted to book seats it was extra….I think it was £28 but it was more expensive than Virgin, so Virgin are not alone!! We were already booked with Virgin for May but won't bother to pay for seats.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Apart from the direct flight advantage, I've never understood what's supposedly so special about Virgin and haven't used them for a long time although I can understand that a connecting flight with small children could be hard work.

For the past several US trips my wife and I have stopped over in either Boston or New York and caught the AA or BA day flight home. The transatlantic flight is sometimes under 6 hours from Boston and we connect to Manchester through Heathrow. That way we're at home in bed by 10.30 pm and the jet lag is very much reduced. The flights are never full and last month when we took it I reckon only 30% of the seats were occupied so there's no need to pay for advance allocation. I can strongly recommend it especially if you're somebody who doesn't sleep on night flights.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 20-12-2013 at 02:45.

Florida Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
    Simple.... don't fly Virgin, they will soon change their plans.
    Simple economics of supply and demand.
    Simpy look else where!

Ok - I know that sounds simple but genuinely there are other options and if you shop around and don't mind an indirect flight you can save every time.

Totally agree.....Virgin do not deserve the business!

BA are streets ahead for service and flexibility.
    Delta & United much cheaper although a longer trip which evens out once you have cleared customs in Washington or Atlanta or ....... in only 10 minutes.
    Orlando customs in December took 40 minutes from a BA flight

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Apart from the direct flight advantage, I've never understood what's supposedly so special about Virgin and haven't used them for a long time although I can understand that a connecting flight with small children could be hard work.

For the past several US trips my wife and I have stopped over in either Boston or New York and caught the AA or BA day flight home. The transatlantic flight is sometimes under 6 hours from Boston and we connect to Manchester through Heathrow. That way we're at home in bed by 10.30 pm and the jet lag is very much reduced. The flights are never full and last month when we took it I reckon only 30% of the seats were occupied so there's no need to pay for advance allocation. I can strongly recommend it especially if you're somebody who doesn't sleep on night flights.
    We have taken this route before and agree there are definite advantages to taking the day flight over the red eye.