Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: American Airlines US Airways merger

American Airlines US Airways merger

I see this has gone through today. Presumably this will further reduce the options for trans-Atlantic routes and push prices higher again.

We really need more competition on this route, not less.
    Tonish

I remember hearing about this, but I thought it had been vetoed by the monopolies commission.

I share your view that we definitely need more carriers for trans-Atlantic flights if we're ever going to have reasonable fares. I'm hoping another large carrier sees the gap in the market and takes the plunge - a little like what Norwegian has done on a smaller scale.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    I remember hearing about this, but I thought it had been vetoed by the monopolies commission.

I share your view that we definitely need more carriers for trans-Atlantic flights if we're ever going to have reasonable fares. I'm hoping another large carrier sees the gap in the market and takes the plunge - a little like what Norwegian has done on a smaller scale.
    I think the Norwegian plan maybe scuppered, due to the registration of the aircraft in Eire and the CAA refusing to re-new, this was as of last week so may have changed by now.

Dagnammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I think the Norwegian plan maybe scuppered, due to the registration of the aircraft in Eire and the CAA refusing to re-new, this was as of last week so may have changed by now.
    Pookie do have a link for this as my son and his family are booked with them for next August.

Thanks
    Keith

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by syrup View Post
    Pookie do have a link for this as my son and his family are booked with them for next August.

Thanks
    http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2013...n-air-shuttle/

http://norwaytoday.info/home_view.php?id=6984

I cannot fine the other link now which I googled because of a post on trip advisor I wanted to check for myself.