Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it me or are flight prices actually getting even HIGHER?

They were from Dublin but it would have been cheaper from UK.....can't remember if it was Liverpool or Manchester getting old

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    We have flown US Airways from Manchester loads of times now. I always book flights when first released.

I have never found the flights cheaper than the ones I booked at release date.

I know I should not look once booked & I'm sure one day the prices will be cheaper, but I can't help looking.

I must admit I prefer to get the flights booked & out of the way:-)

US fly out of Manchester to Philadelphia.
    mike

I've found Wednesday night to be the time when I've always found the best prices.
    You will find that the sites all use cookies.....so will keep pushing you towards the last ones/prices you looked at so do remember to clear them before searching each time.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    That's an excellent tip - thanks Carol .
    Quote Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
    You will find that the sites all use cookies.....so will keep pushing you towards the last ones/prices you looked at so do remember to clear them before searching each time.

I don't know how to clear cookies? Any tips - I am all Mac!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shockey View Post
    The £333 is probably not all tax. Some airlines add surcharges on "free" tickets. Our frequent flyer miles are mostly with United, who seem better than most in their charges. We're using United miles to go to Hawaii and Florida in January, quite a complicated itinerary involving 8 separate flights, and we're paying £117.66 each in tax, of which the UK bit is about two-thirds and the next highest bit is Germany, where we are just changing planes on the way back. We're using 6 US airports (Washington, Los Angeles, Molokai, Honolulu, Houston and Orlando), and total US taxes are £18!
    Your trip sounds great. I looked again and my frequent flyer flight with BA from Gatwick to Florida actually had £331.89 added. When I looked at flights in June with BA the fare was £319 with £330.57 added for taxes and fees so more or less the same. The taxes and fees are much cheaper within America but I am amazed at your total US taxes of £18. It used to cost us £46 in tax and fees for return flight from Tampa to Chicago (and almost double that for a 2 hour return flight from London to Europe).
    Maureen Green

Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    I don't know how to clear cookies? Any tips - I am all Mac!!!

Open Safari (your web browser) if it is not already open.
    Choose Safari > Preferences, and then click Privacy.
    Click Details.
    Select one or more website that stores cookies, and then click individual cookies and Remove or Remove All.
    When you finish removing websites, click Done.

Remember if you click all, the usernames & passwords to your sites will go, so make sure you have them saved somewhere.
    Keith

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo Green View Post
    The taxes and fees are much cheaper within America but I am amazed at your total US taxes of £18. It used to cost us £46 in tax and fees for return flight from Tampa to Chicago (and almost double that for a 2 hour return flight from London to Europe).
    I'm afraid that's because you're using BA miles/Avios. For example, if I use my AA miles for a JFK-LHR flight I pay just £1.50 in taxes and charges (and fewer miles) but the very same flight using Avios costs £156.50. Over 100 times more!!

This may be of interest:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/1...9A711V20131108
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 29-11-2013 at 16:36.

Florida Expert
    I was looking for friends yesterday and Manchester to Tampa on 7th may - 21st May was around £550 with American and 1 stop over.
    I did look at Orlando and think the 1 stops were around £600.

If you haven't already try the comparison sites like expedia and opodo
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by freddiehollie View Post
    I have never found the flights cheaper than the ones I booked at release date.

I know I should not look once booked & I'm sure one day the prices will be cheaper, but I can't help looking.
    That's been my experience too. Sadly, the second part too!