Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alamo save Time process at Orlando International Airport ?

Florida Junior

Alamo save Time process at Orlando International Airport ?

Hello

I booked Alamo Silver Inclusive car hire with UScarhire and have received/printed the car hire voucher

I have filled in mine and my co-drivers details in Alamo Save Time and received an email confirmation from Alamo that the details have been entered and have printed a copy.

Now what is the process when I get to Orlando International Airport - I am sure many other people would like to know.
    Normally if you have not pre-registered you queue at the Alamo desk and get paperwork to take to the garage.

As I have pre-registered my details -
    Do I have to go to one of those self check in screens near the Alamo desk ? or do I go straight to the garage ?

If I go straight to the garage do I have to go to an Alamo kiosk to get rental paperwork or do I go straight to choose a car ?

If I go straight to the car - how do I get the rental paperwork ?

thanks

Paul

Gold 5 Star Member
    You can find lots of information about the process here: http://www.uscarhire.com/faq-alamo-kiosks.aspx
    Christine

I always use the Alamo Save Time and have never been able to use the kiosks. The attendants always insist that because my husband has an english driving license he has to queue and be seen by them, fed up with arguing about it.
    Jan

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    They are mis-informing you. We have many, many customers who use the kiosks all the time and have no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleydo View Post
    I always use the Alamo Save Time and have never been able to use the kiosks. The attendants always insist that because my husband has an english driving license he has to queue and be seen by them, fed up with arguing about it.

Florida Junior
    Hi

I have pre registered with Alamo for the last 3 times to Florida. Twice in Orlando and the last time in Miami. I went to the self check in kiosks and had no trouble any time just printed off the documents and went to the garage. I have an English driving licence and had no trouble.

Last time in Miami (October 2013) while I went to the kiosk my wife counted the people in the queue at the desks. There were 25people in the queue and lots of wives and kids hanging around waiting. I recon we saved at least 1hr by using the kiosk

Graham

I'm here in Florida at the moment. We arrived at the end of October and we had a car booked for 3 weeks with Alamo. Used the terminals and it worked a treat.

We are going off on a cruise at the weekend and booked a car from last weekend dropping it off in Ft lauderdale on Sunday. Went back to airport to pick up the new car and used the terminals again. Again, no problems at all. We have another car booked for pick up in Ft Lauderdale after the cruise and have registered with Alamo and I'm sure it will all work a treat when the time comes.

As an aside, we booked a full size car for collection last Sunday and the full size isle was full of cars and vans. Selected a Toyota Sienna 8 seat van with just 57 miles on the clock which was a very nice free upgrade! Lovely car to drive.
    Jim

Florida Expert
    We have just come back from Florida - used the kiosk with no problems. It found my details from the savetime but I had to re-enter my husband's driving license details. For some reason it doesn't like Bedfordshire as a county so I left it blank - that worked out fine and it went through. The first time I used it, I printed off the instructions which are linked to above - the pictures make it very easy to follow when you're tired and a bit confused.

We saved masses of time as there was a huge queue but I also like the fact that you don't risk being 'upgraded' to something that costs you money without realising - the option is still there but it is very clear what the extra costs are on the kiosk. We had a sat nav with the car this time and you can still use the kiosk and get the sat nav at the exit barrier as you leave the garage.
    Angela

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    Quote Originally Posted by jimiansville View Post
    We are going off on a cruise at the weekend and booked a car from last weekend dropping it off in Ft lauderdale on Sunday. Went back to airport to pick up the new car and used the terminals again. Again, no problems at all. .........
    Hi Jim, just for info we did a cruise this year and dropped the 1st car off at Cape Canaveral and collected a 2nd car after the cruise from the terminal ( actually had an upgrade as original model not available)

Does Ft Lauderdale not have a similar option to save going back to Airport to collect the 2nd car?
    Graham

Alamo run a shuttle to and from the Pt Everglades from the airport. It runs very regularly and only takes about 10 minutes. Have used it a lot and it's very convenient. Not sure if you have cruised out of Miami but there is a similar arrangement there but the transfer takes a little longer as the airport is a little further from the port.

I like to use Alamo as we like to select our car from those available and have been very lucky with free upgrades in recent years.
    Jim

Florida Expert
    Picked up Alamo rental car from San Diego - best car hire experience so far! Although there was no lines for rentals, wanted to try the Alamo Save Time (it did not work for me at Miami) Brilliant - avoided the "hard sell" and was able to choose a great SUV. Certainly beats the aggressive hard sell at Tampa and MCO. Thanks to OV/US Car Hire once again