Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Biggest changes...

We went to Downtown Disney tonight and have not been for a couple of years. I can't believe how many changes there have been in that short time. We did just manage to park but it was very busy with Thanksgiving coming up. We left about 9.00pm and there were plenty of spaces but it had also started to spot with rain so quite a few people were leaving.

Florida Junior
    My plan for downtown and city walk is to leave the car, take a taxi and make a night of it. Exspensive night out but if you can't do it on holiday when can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigblue35 View Post
    What about Universal's Cinematic Spectacular, looks good and as a movie buff I love this kind of stuff!

Don.
    I've missed this twice now, and I was really looking forward to it!

I've managed to resist watching it on YouTube in anticipation of finally getting to watch it in person.

Florida Newbie
    you will not believe the changes over the past 10 years.

you have to see it to believe it

ENJOY................

regina
    Regina Whelan

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunVilla View Post
    Downtown Disney is changing ... a lot, including, reportedly, two parking garages.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/loc...z/-/index.html
    They are underway but that caused massive problems with parking over the New Year week as one of the front car parks was shut we had to park in the Employee parking across the road and the employees were having to park at Typhoon Lagoon.

At the Premium outlets at the top we found it easier to park in Outdoor world as we always got there anyway and walk across the road.

Mall of Millenia is another good one (mainly for browsing and eating) but we have got some good bargains in Bloomingdals and Macys.

Fantasyland extension is complete and open. Tip for Fastpasses, neither Dumbo or Goffys Barnstormer fastpasses are linked to the computer so you can get fast passes from there and a 3rd one as your ticket won't register that you have one in progress. We actually had 4 Fastpasses as one go as my daughter had read this online so got fastpasses for those and then went to get them for Winnie the Pooh ride which she did and it also gave a bonus fastpass for Mickeys Philharmagic show.

Animal Kingdom is allowing non Disney hotel stayers to use the Fastpass plus so you can go into the park and find a person with an ipad (there are places marked) and you can choose up to 3 fastpasses for the day, so you can plan your day round your must see rides.

Kennedy Space centre has some extra tours now , at the moment you can tour the Vehicle assembly building. Because the Shuttle programme has finished until they are using it for the replacement you can see more behind the scenes.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    We like Disneys Boardwalk for a change from Downtown Disney, if you are into sports theres a big ESPN sports bar and if it is a nice evening the kids can toast marshmallows by the campfire of one of the hotels (think it is the beach club) and they bring out a huge screen so you can sit on the beach and watch the film (all for free).
    Babblin Boo

Florida Newbie
    I tried to do Arabian Nights last time I was in FL (Dec) but it was fully booked.

I guess we could start a things we never did in FL thread but im sure there's loads I haven't done Splendid China being another example.

Anyway back OT I heard Disney were building garages at downtown disney - no doubt they'll charge $15 like Universal. What annoys me is citywalk parking is free after 18:30 (but only with a FL ID )