Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Horse riding, segways, pamper day !!

Florida Chatterbox

Horse riding, segways, pamper day !!

Can anyone give me advice on a few things we want to do when we are in Orlando ?

1. Horse riding on a beach
    2. segways
    3. pamper day for the ladies

thanks for any advice

Not sure about beach riding but Horseworld in Kissimmee do some excellent days out. Outback type riding. I believe you can rent Segways out at Celebration. pamper days, any number of them. Disney do packages in their hotels but probably cheaper away from the parks. We used to use Star Island a lot for guests. Have nit done so for a few years so other recommendations would be worth checking.

Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    Can anyone give me advice on a few things we want to do when we are in Orlando ?

1. Horse riding on a beach
    2. segways
    3. pamper day for the ladies

thanks for any advice

Horseworld isn't great in my opinion- its not outback riding - its a loop through woods that you do several times-if you've not ridden before or only a few times you'll prob enjoy it but its expensive and then they hit you with- our guides don't get paid and work for tips so you feel you have to give them a big tip and you've already paid loads. Plus I am a chatty person and was trying to chat away with the girl who took me out and she was totally incommunative- I was raging having to tip her!!!
    Just a heads up cos if you are a rider you will prob feel disppointed.
    I don't know of any breach rides- you would have to search other areas as Orlando's not near the coast- you could try Coco beach etc.

Florida Expert
    Segways on the 192 is called ZE tours, near the big orange ball, we did this and did the tour of celebration, we had a great time.

Mmm it was afew years ago but I had a blast. Found them really fun to be out with and we are certainly not riding around in circles. We could work up quite a challenging ride. Wonder if they had lost some of the land? It was somewhere I used to take my neice (she certainly got bitten by the bug, competing all over now). Although I dont ride anymore my family still has stables are in Yorkshire (too far for me). So yes I know how to gauge a good ride
    Given your experience I would not have tipped. If you are looking for a good ride, if they are still there the cowboy shop at St Cloud is a good start. Get out with the husband of the lady who runs it. He is a scary rodeo cowboy and a master on horseback. Just watching him makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck. You need to befriend them to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnroy View Post
    Horseworld isn't great in my opinion- its not outback riding - its a loop through woods that you do several times-if you've not ridden before or only a few times you'll prob enjoy it but its expensive and then they hit you with- our guides don't get paid and work for tips so you feel you have to give them a big tip and you've already paid loads. Plus I am a chatty person and was trying to chat away with the girl who took me out and she was totally incommunative- I was raging having to tip her!!!
    Just a heads up cos if you are a rider you will prob feel disppointed.
    I don't know of any breach rides- you would have to search other areas as Orlando's not near the coast- you could try Coco beach etc.