Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something Special For The Kids

Florida Newbie
    Lindfield, East Sussex, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Talking Something Special For The Kids

Hi All

We are going in Sept 14 to the happy world of Florida. Have been 3 or 4 times before and we trully love it but will be first time for 6 year old and 2nd time for then 9 year old (he was 2 or 3 first time) and since the expense means this wont happen often we would like to maximise the WOW of the holiday. At this time we have flights, villa, car, base tickets and Discovery cove booked and so thinking if there are any child WOWs to do. 9 year old loves animals and so Discovery Cove will be excellent but wondering if anyone has done any of the extra items at the parks like being a keeper etc...... Are there things at Kingdom that might also be wows?? Undecided about Arabian Nights, ahve done it a couple of times and cant quite decide if they would like it, am errrrring towards yes and maybe the vip to see behind the scenes as well
    Anyone with experiences of this would be great. Open to ideas all of the place, parks and other ideas???
    Thanks[]

How about a character meal?

Florida Chatterbox
    Donald would do for me, I'm partial to a bit of Duck.....................................Sorry couldn't resist

Florida Chatterbox
    Feeding time at Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, not a zoo and all proceeds go to the cats. Very easy drive and easy to find.

Florida Chatterbox
    Or Sea Screamer at Clearwater to see and swim with the Dolphins

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    How about a character meal?
    I was going to suggest the same thing. Our favorite is currently the Cape May character breakfast at the Beach Club resort.
    Mike

Mine really used to enjoy renting thepnotoon boats to watch the Epcot fireworks. You can take your picnic and drinks onboard. Take time to show them the small overlooked things in the parks. They will be fascinated by it all. Google hidden Mickeys, quite a few of the originals are still to be seen. Passports in Epcot are fun for the younger ones too. Do a bit of homework on what tricks were used to build the parks (it is really interesting stuff) and wow them with your knowledge. Did you you know the trashcan spacing is the exact walking distance it took Walt took to eat a hot dog? Or the business names in the shop windows are dedications to the original imagineers? There is tons of this info out there.

Arabian nights is ok, my daughter loved it- the meal you get isn't the best and its hard bench seats in the arena and smells horsey (which my husband hated) Didn't bother me cos I;ve got a horse lol.
    But I reckon most kids will love it- and you can go down at the end pat the horses.

Florida Newbie
    Lindfield, East Sussex, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    Mine really used to enjoy renting thepnotoon boats to watch the Epcot fireworks. You can take your picnic and drinks onboard. Take time to show them the small overlooked things in the parks. They will be fascinated by it all. Google hidden Mickeys, quite a few of the originals are still to be seen. Passports in Epcot are fun for the younger ones too. Do a bit of homework on what tricks were used to build the parks (it is really interesting stuff) and wow them with your knowledge. Did you you know the trashcan spacing is the exact walking distance it took Walt took to eat a hot dog? Or the business names in the shop windows are dedications to the original imagineers? There is tons of this info out there.
    Hi MArtin

I really like the pontoon boat this is a great example of something I would never think of thanks, willl start hitting up Google now to try and locate info to do that one. I like the idea of the character breakfast as well but must admit whenever I try and find something it looks hard to book and I have no idea where to go for it as i thought they were all in the parks? If I am in a Villa within the usual range of the Disney is there somewhere that is easy to just drive up to where I can book in rather than a park where you have to park in the massive car parks and try and get in in time?

Thanks all for your comments

Gold 5 Star Member
    Some of the ones that are a bit different are chef mickey (where the children get to cook as well) and mickeys backyard bbq. In Disneys fort wilderness. If youu look for the one that are base at the hotels then you won't be going in general parking (and paying) youu just drive to the hotel and they will tell you where to park, you will need id to get through the security barrier but that is it.
    Babblin Boo