Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New iPad Air

New iPad Air

Anyone get one today.......... John? Thinking of getting one when we are in Orlando in a couple of weeks as I am due for an upgrade and would like a sensible opinion.

Liz

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Not me. I'm holding out for a Retina iPad Mini as I prefer the size for use in the evenings. Love my iPad Mini already, but a Retina screen will be the icing on the cake .

The new iPad Air does look nice though.

That's on hubby's shopping list, looks like it will be available during our upcoming trip

Liz

I saw some lucky git using one on the plane yesterday - I thought it was an iPad mini at first, but at closer inspection, I recognised the new bezel shape and the larger screen.

It really is pretty small considering the screen size. I have a slight hesitation about the teeny tiny bezel around the edges - the original iPad had an intentionally large bezel to make it easy to hold without triggering a touch on the screen, but I'm not sure this one pulls that off.

Off to the Apple shop in the Mall today to have a good look and hopefully a purchase, will let you know.
    Val

I'm going to be looking at the iPad mini when we are over in a couple of weeks - hopefully the new version. For the last couple of years Apple have had $50 off for Black Friday and I am hoping that they do that again this year as we fly back on Black Friday and hope to bag a bargain on the way to the airport.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Did you end up buying one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    Off to the Apple shop in the Mall today to have a good look and hopefully a purchase, will let you know.
    Val

Gold 5 Star Member
    I know this has been discussed in the past but what are the pros and cons of purchasing a device in the US for use here? I think I recall that the main issues related to charging and minor keyboard differences. There are certainly savings to be made across the board with all the Apple range but I've never quite had the courage to buy over there although it is tempting at times.

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I know this has been discussed in the past but what are the pros and cons of purchasing a device in the US for use here? I think I recall that the main issues related to charging and minor keyboard differences. There are certainly savings to be made across the board with all the Apple range but I've never quite had the courage to buy over there although it is tempting at times.
    Hi Phil, I have an american Mac book pro and the only difference I can see is that the @ symbol is in a different place, otherwise it is exactly the same. I also bought an American iPad when they first came out (although I bought it in China) and it was essentially the same, you can configure the keyboard to your area on the iPad as well so the only real difference is the plug which is simple to detach from the charger and change. There really isn't any risk in buying one in the US to use here.

We bought our iPads in the US - absolutely fine using them in the UK.
    Caroline & Dave