Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Disapointing

Florida Expert

Very Disapointing

We went to Busch this year for the first time for 15 years.

The safari train was very poor with the guide more interested in telling us about each rollercoaster than about animals and we also didn't see many animals on it either.

Crazily busy with a lot of rides not have a guide to tell you the wait time either.

Was a long day with the drive there and back that i'll not be in a hurry to repeat.

I've never been a huge Busch Gardens fan - I love rollercoasters, but I find the lack of theming really bothers me.

I always feel like I'm walking through a park that's saying 'here's an animal... Here's a rollercoaster... Here's another animal.... Here's...'

It's just not cohesive enough. Either theme it properly, or make it an animal park, or a thrill park.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    We love Busch gardens but did notice a huge difference on staffing and availability of rides during our 2 visits last year. The first time we went wad on the last week of summer nights. Fairly busy bit all rides running to maximum capacity ie all the carriages running. On our second visit just over a week late it was low season. Park opeend later and closed earlier - this was not a massive problem. However I did notice that the carriages on all rides had been reduced. Rides that loaded at one location now only loaded at one (Shrieka and Cheetah Chase) only one train running. Now I know its not as busy but as the opening hours are reduced surely the availability of rides shouldn't be as you have less time to get on them all. They are happy to reduce hours and ride availability so maybe they should reduce the price accordingly.
    Christine

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    I've never been a huge Busch Gardens fan - I love rollercoasters, but I find the lack of theming really bothers me.

I always feel like I'm walking through a park that's saying 'here's an animal... Here's a rollercoaster... Here's another animal.... Here's...'

It's just not cohesive enough. Either theme it properly, or make it an animal park, or a thrill park.
    I agree about the theming.
    It's not enough for me for there just be a big fast ride, there has to be a story to it etc which is what makes Universal and Disney in particular so appealing.

Only been to Busch Gardens once a number of years ago and have not been back. I was concerned about the seemingly small enclosures the animals were kept in, and the elephants were pacing up and down whilst tethered to a short rope in a very small area. I'm sure it has all changed by now but don't plan to be back to check it out any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomena View Post
    Only been to Busch Gardens once a number of years ago and have not been back. I was concerned about the seemingly small enclosures the animals were kept in, and the elephants were pacing up and down whilst tethered to a short rope in a very small area. I'm sure it has all changed by now but don't plan to be back to check it out any time soon.
    I agree Phil, We're huge animal lovers but not huge fans of Zoos. We visited Busch many years ago when it was okay, and then again a few years ago and it was very disappointing. Very tired looking and absolutely not worth the entrance fee. The food was poor and we felt sorry for the animals. It's a second rate theme park living on borrowed time. More bush than garden. (sic).

Unhappy

Just occurred to me, my Avatar doesn't suggest animal lover does it?

I might change it....

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    I agree Phil, We're huge animal lovers but not huge fans of Zoos. We visited Busch many years ago when it was okay, and then again a few years ago and it was very disappointing. Very tired looking and absolutely not worth the entrance fee. The food was poor and we felt sorry for the animals. It's a second rate theme park living on borrowed time. More bush than garden. (sic).
    To be fair to them the food was very good.
    Went to a place next to the Shiekra ride and had a massive Beef Sandwich (biggest I've ever seen).
    otherwise i'll not be back

Florida Savvy
    Pizza buffet there was great and good value when we last went 18 months ago

We always go to Busch every year and love it, we are big coaster fans so this park is coaster park for us with the perk of getting to see some animals as well.
    Our first stop is always to the pizza buffet "Garden Gate Cafe" and it's a great feed for the money.
    The park isn't the busiest at least the last few times we have gone and coaster wait times are minimal which is good but also indicates the lack of customers.
    I am convinced if this park had of been placed in Orlando near the other theme parks it would be buzzing