Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Fingerprinting on arrival

Florida Expert

Fingerprinting on arrival

Not sure whether this the right place or whether it should be in General Chat.

Just got home after a lovely holiday that stuttered into life on arrival at Sanford when my missus was asked to step into an interview room for some further questioning while me and the kids were told to just go and collect our luggage.

After an agonisingly long 15 minute wait for her it turns out that Finger Prints are apparently not 100% unique.

Homeland Security questioned her about her previous visits to the US (1st time travelling on a new biometric passport) and whether she'd ever been in trouble with the law etc.

They then said everything was fine but that she shares the same (or at least almost identical) fingerprints as 5 other people that they are aware of and unfortunately 3 of those people are "dodgy" and are either wanted by the FBI or are on a denied entry list.
    They wouldn't tell her what the problem was with these 3 people other than they were very dodgy.

Spooky.

So...err... How long have you known your missus?!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ujpest doza View Post
    Not sure whether this the right place or whether it should be in General Chat.

Just got home after a lovely holiday that stuttered into life on arrival at Sanford when my missus was asked to step into an interview room for some further questioning while me and the kids were told to just go and collect our luggage.

After an agonisingly long 15 minute wait for her it turns out that Finger Prints are apparently not 100% unique.

Homeland Security questioned her about her previous visits to the US (1st time travelling on a new biometric passport) and whether she'd ever been in trouble with the law etc.

They then said everything was fine but that she shares the same (or at least almost identical) fingerprints as 5 other people that they are aware of and unfortunately 3 of those people are "dodgy" and are either wanted by the FBI or are on a denied entry list.
    They wouldn't tell her what the problem was with these 3 people other than they were very dodgy.
    If it looks like it is going to be an ongoing problem she can apply for a "traveller redress number" I cant remember procedure exactly but you basically get a number that says all is ok wheich is attached to her info for future reference so that she shouldnt have the same problem again.
    Babblin Boo

A similar thing happened to my wife in Oct 11. She had never had a problem on numerous trips previous so it came as quite a shock. After spending just over 45 min in a side room she was eventually allowed entry with no explanation.
    When we went again last Nov we queued up at immigration with great trepidation but she sailed through. I gave a little whoopie and got a strange look from the officer.
    Keith

I had the fingerprint problem about 3 years ago. I was called in for secondary questioning (despite having a B1/B2 Visa). I was only about 20 minutes the first time and they were very polite. Unfortunately each visit after that I was called in for secondary questioning due to the finger print situation and some waits were 90 minutes which was very nerve racking to say the least. After about 5/6 visits, I was about to do as Steph suggests if it happened again. Luckily for me it did not happen and for the last 18 months - 4 visits - I have been okay. Going again in 9 days so keeping my fingers crossed but it happened so many times, I am always anxious. I have no criminal records or indeed anything at all in my past that could account for me being stopped but it happens!!!

Florida Expert
    It was our 12th visit to Florida and the first time it's happened.

Strangley though she had problems with the fingerprint reader at Seaworld, Aquatica, Busch Gardens, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure with additional ID being requested on more than one occasion before entry was allowed.

Me too. When I go to Disney etc., never can get through with the fingerprint!!!

It was about my 70/80th trip to Florida and until then, never been stopped. I must look like a 5' overweight almost 70 years old terrorist[laugh][laugh]