Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visitors visa additional paperwork?

Visitors visa additional paperwork?

Information for my Christmas guests two of whom have a Visitors visa.
    Am I correct in thinking that you no longer have to complete a white form for immigration? When we visited Boston in September there was a family in front of us who seemed to be having problems ascertaining exactly what paperwork they needed to complete.

Liz

If they have no visa of any type then your guests will need to have an ESTA.

If they are flying into the U.S. from the UK then the documents that the airline sends reminds them about this. However you can alway be helpful and email them the address for the U.S. government web site for ESTA applications.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

They are frequent visitors to the US but haven't been since last Christmas they have B1/b2 visas so don't need ESTA. In the past visitors with visas used to fill in a white card but the experience mentioned above makes me think they are no longer required.

Liz

Liz, I think you are correct and I have read somewhere that the white forms won't be necessary (we have B1/B2 visa's0. However, when they check in they can ask as it won't make any difference now as the airline will give them the necessary forms. We are off next week so will find out first hand!!

Florida Expert
    My daughter has a student visa and does not complete any forms for US entry. She does the same finger printing/eye photo/chat on arrival as we do with an ESTA.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    They are frequent visitors to the US but haven't been since last Christmas they have B1/b2 visas so don't need ESTA. In the past visitors with visas used to fill in a white card but the experience mentioned above makes me think they are no longer required.
    Mrs T has a B1/B2 visa. On our last trip we had been told they were no longer required as the electronic system recorded everything automatically. The stewardess on the United flight said they no longer kept them on the plane and they weren't needed. However, when we arrived at immigration, they made it clear as we were queuing that she was supposed to have one completed. They had a table at the entrance to the immigration hall with the forms and she filled it in there. The immigrations officer treated it exactly as they always have, took it and stapled the return part into her passport. The airline took the return part off the passport as we boarded the flight home.

So, whilst websites etc say it's no longer needed, that's not our experience. It may have changed since, but our trip was August this year, travelling via Washington.
    Tonish

Quote Originally Posted by Tonish View Post
    Mrs T has a B1/B2 visa. On our last trip we had been told they were no longer required as the electronic system recorded everything automatically. The stewardess on the United flight said they no longer kept them on the plane and they weren't needed. However, when we arrived at immigration, they made it clear as we were queuing that she was supposed to have one completed. They had a table at the entrance to the immigration hall with the forms and she filled it in there. The immigrations officer treated it exactly as they always have, took it and stapled the return part into her passport. The airline took the return part off the passport as we boarded the flight home.

So, whilst websites etc say it's no longer needed, that's not our experience. It may have changed since, but our trip was August this year, travelling via Washington.
    We will complete them then as don't want to be filling in forms on arrival...better for us to be ready. I always have a couple of the white forms at home to save us doing it at the airport!!! Must come from the old Scouts motto - be prepared!!

I may be having colour amnesia, but aren't the white forms declarations of goods being brought into the country, ie customs forms, and it was GREEN forms that have been negated by the introduction of ESTAs and I assume holders of visas?
    Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    I may be having colour amnesia, but aren't the white forms declarations of goods being brought into the country, ie customs forms, and it was GREEN forms that have been negated by the introduction of ESTAs and I assume holders of visas?
    My recollection is white for Visa holders, green for ESTA and blue for customs. I'm definitely right about the white ones, but a bit hazy on the other two. Strange how quickly you forget.
    Tonish

White is for Visa holders - green were pre-ESTA - customs forms are blue & white (I think)
    I don't understand why they are still making visa holders complete the forms - if we don't need the green forms any longer now we have ESTA's why do they need the white ones if you hold a Visa?
    Farcical!!!!!