Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alligator Shops at Walmart!

Super Moderator

Alligator Shops at Walmart!

It has been reported that an alligator left its pond behind the Apopka Walmart just before midnight Sunday and wandered over to the front door and there it stayed. As the gator was resting against the side of an entrance door staff decided to lock the door. They did call the police who made sure everyone was safe but it was decided to leave the gator alone and see what happened and it eventually returned to the pond.

The joys of shopping in Florida - all we ever see outside our local Asda store is a dog or two!

Whoa! Can you imagine being there, maybe with a young one and seeing that?!

[:0]

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Mike

Thanks for the link, Mike

*shudders*

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    Thanks Jill & Mike, good to watch from a distance.
    Graham

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    Have to agree Graham nice to see from a distance.
    The biggest we have seen is about two foot in the lake at Celebration.

We would love to see a bigger one but not up to close.

Mary

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mary and colin View Post
    Have to agree Graham nice to see from a distance.
    The biggest we have seen is about two foot in the lake at Celebration.

We would love to see a bigger one but not up to close.

Mary

Some years back we went to Shark Valley in the Everglades (well worth a visit if anyone is in the area) and had second, third and fourth thoughts about walking down a path as there was a huge gator with his tail in the water and the rest of him sunning himself across half the path. As several people did walk past him we thought it might be safe to walk past but we were very careful and kept a close eye on him. That is the closest we have every been and not sure want to repeat the performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    Some years back we went to Shark Valley in the Everglades (well worth a visit if anyone is in the area) and had second, third and fourth thoughts about walking down a path as there was a huge gator with his tail in the water and the rest of him sunning himself across half the path. As several people did walk past him we thought it might be safe to walk past but we were very careful and kept a close eye on him. That is the closest we have every been and not sure want to repeat the performance.

That's freaky!

You know, I can live with the size of a gator, I can live with it's prehistoric looks and I can even live with it's mouthful of teeth. What scares the bejeezus out of me is their speed at short range.

Something that can move faster than I could react, while my nephew's in the vicinity? No thanks!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    That's freaky!

You know, I can live with the size of a gator, I can live with it's prehistoric looks and I can even live with it's mouthful of teeth. What scares the bejeezus out of me is their speed at short range.

Something that can move faster than I could react, while my nephew's in the vicinity? No thanks!
    That is why we were worried about passing by as we have seen them move from sleepy to top speed in no time at all (much quicker than my car's 0-60!). We just hoped he was full and not in the mood for humans for lunch.

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    Jill that really is to close for comfort. What a great experience to have had though.

Mary