Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collecting car in Miami

Collecting car in Miami

Hi, can I have some advice please? We will be leaving Miami on a Saturday morning to drive up to the gulf. We plan on collecting the hire car Friday evening, my query is, would we have a better choice of cars if we went back to the airport or is the car hire in down town Miami equally as good? We will be staying on Collins Avenue.

Thanks for your comments.

Diane.
    Diane.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Never picked up at Miami but I have always found that airport pickups always seem to have more cars to choose from.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Never picked up at Miami but I have always found that airport pickups always seem to have more cars to choose from.
    That's also been my experience. I think the airports can offer a bigger choice because the land is usually much cheaper so the rental companies have much bigger lots. The facility at Miami International airport is huge so I'd expect more choice there.

OK, next question, the voucher has arrived to collect the hire car from Alamo at Miami International Airport. As we are not coming in on a flight, but getting a taxi from the hotel to collect the car, what is the Alamo rental address? I assume it is off site?

Again, thanks for your help,

Diane.
    Diane.

Super Moderator
    We have picked up a car on Collins before and the choice of cars is nothing like as large as back at the airport and would not do it again but would go back to the airport to collect a car.

Florida Chatterbox
    A little off topic, but if you are staying on Collins avenue then I can highly recommend a trip to the hotel at the top of Ocean Drive (The Betsy) for a really amazing steak at their BLT steak restaurant. We stayed there for a few days last November and the steaks are just out of this world and the pre dinner popovers they serve are just amazing... I can taste them now.

It wasn't a cheap, but way better than a Ruth Chris or other high end steak houses we have tried. In fact, I would go as far to say that their Wagyu skirt was the best I have had anywhere in the world.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I would also suggest checking out your potential route and make sure if you are going to need a Sunpass transponder, at least one area near Homestead) has cashless tolls so you have to pay with one.
    Babblin Boo

Alamo pick up is on the airport in Miami - you just take the monorail
    Lynne

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    OK, next question, the voucher has arrived to collect the hire car from Alamo at Miami International Airport. As we are not coming in on a flight, but getting a taxi from the hotel to collect the car, what is the Alamo rental address? I assume it is off site?

Again, thanks for your help,

Diane.
    There is a monorail from the airport to the car hire desks but if your taxi does not drop you off at the exit for the monorail it could mean walking/taking travelators to the monorail. You could ask the taxi to take you direct to the car rental hall. The car rentals are in one big hall with a lift to the floors for different companies. We went direct from the plane but I seem to remember a car or taxi dropping people and their luggage outside the entrance to the rental hall.
    Maureen Green

Just had a look on the web site, it looks fantastic, is it a dressing up kind of restaurant? If so a better pack a posh frock!

Diane.
    Diane.