Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Day Ideas

Florida Newbie

Christmas Day Ideas

Hello all,looking for some ideas on what to do,where to eat on Christmas Day as we arrive Christmas Eve,any advice would be gratefully received.

Florida Junior
    I just replied to your thread but I don't see it posted so I'll start again. Off-site, the Gaylord Palms is perfect, Peabody Hotel on Intl. Dr. had a perfect Xmas buffet as well but it has changed hands and is part of the Hyatt chain, I suggest you go to the Hyatt web site for more info. You can also eat at any of the Disney hotel restaurants. The Wilderness Lodge & the Grand Floridian are the best or Xmas. Many people have been making reservations for Xmas day 180 days out. Get started and I hope you find something to your liking.
    Last edited by Jill; 04-10-2013 at 22:47. Reason: Links to other sites not permitted

The parks are so busy on Christmas Day that we usually stay at home in the villa.
    We go to midnight mass in a church just up the road with our American neighbours.
    Have breakfast out by the pool and then cook a turkey crown and all the trimmings for lunch time.
    We take Christmas cracker kits and make our own crackers.
    Magical!

As far as the parks go:

If you're going to the Magic Kingdom, please, please get there early - it often closes due to capacity on Christmas day.

Future World at Epcot doesn't get very 'Christmassy' any more, but the World Showcase does.

My bet for a good compromise would be Hollywood Studios - you can see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights.

Florida Junior
    If there is any park to visit on Xmas day it would be Sea World. We never go to the parks on Xmas day, just the restaurants and take the tram and visit GF, Poly & Contemporary to look at the decorations. DTD, might be alright too.

Florida Savvy
    you could always buy a pre cooked christmas dinner, we did this a few years ago for thanksgiving, placed our order with Publix and picked it up on the morning, my daughter only said yesterday that its in her top 3 dinners of all time lol.

We used the Peabody a number of times and had a great meal.

I would suggest you decide very soon, and get booked if you are eating out, as all the good places get booked up early.
    Graham

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by supercally View Post
    Hello all,looking for some ideas on what to do,where to eat on Christmas Day as we arrive Christmas Eve,any advice would be gratefully received.
    Not sure where you are staying but most food shops close earlier Christmas Eve and Walmart's by 8pm near Southern Dunes (others might have their own closing time). Publix is also between 6 and 8 pm. If you are staying in a villa it might be worth seeing if you can arrange for some groceries to be delivered or depending on flight have a shopping list with you and head to a supermarket on your way to where you are staying.

Florida Junior
    Graham, do you know if the Hyatt is continuing the Xmas buffet that the Peabody use to have. I think our OP as gone missing. Some very good advice here,
    `

Florida Newbie

Christmas Day Ideas

Thanks for all your suggestions