Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trust in villas

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchid70 View Post
    Hi

has anyone ever booked a villa on the website (edited - link not working and not allowed) I usually use villas from here but there was nothing suitable for the time we plan to go so I had to look elsewhere. Is there anyway I can check a villa is licensed to be let in florida ? All difficult when you don't get the villa address before paying a deposit as no place I've ever stayed at before has given the address beforehand.

The website seems like any other but you are paying direct with the owner. Are they expected to give us forms to fill out as I haven't been asked to fill out any yet whereas in the past I've had to sign lots of paperwork. Not sure what owners are legally required to do so if anyone know that would be useful.

Any information would be helpful.
    I'm really surprised that you couldn't find a villa from OV and there are 3 sites with hundreds of villas - did you do a general enquiry and if so what are your dates? It would be a shame to go elsewhere, all our villas on these sites are verified so that gives you some peace of mind.

Hope you find somewhere lovely

Sandra
    Sandra

Florida Newbie
    I've just realised that there are 3 sites on here and I intended to go in 6 months time but my dates are changed now.

I had the option to pay by bank transfer or cheque but paypal and credit card meant a 4% charge. Does anybody know why that is?

Thanks for all the replies.
    Last edited by Orchid70; 02-10-2013 at 08:06.

Florida Chatterbox
    Some owners swallow the cost or add the cost of using Credit Cards and Paypal payments into their rental rates, which is around the 4% mark. The CC companies and Paypal do charge for the use of this facility.

Have fun planning your trip, and do have a look at the sister sites as there are many beautiful homes to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra M View Post
    I'm really surprised that you couldn't find a villa from OV and there are 3 sites with hundreds of villas - did you do a general enquiry and if so what are your dates? It would be a shame to go elsewhere, all our villas on these sites are verified so that gives you some peace of mind.

Hope you find somewhere lovely

Sandra
    I may be wrong, but I didn't get the impressions Orchid70 had looked on OV? I read it that she usually booked with 'this' site - 'this' being the site mentioned in brackets that had been deleted due to it being a link?
    Sarah

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchid70 View Post
    I've just realised that there are 3 sites on here and I intended to go in 6 months time but my dates are changed now.

I had the option to pay by bank transfer or cheque but paypal and credit card meant a 4% charge. Does anybody know why that is?

Thanks for all the replies.

Then you should look at all our villas, we are all verified by this site (and the sister sites) and I'm sure you'd find a lovely villa

If you don't want to look at loads of villas then you could just send a general enquiry with the dates you are looking for and any other things you would like and then the owners who have your dates available can come back to you

We're a friendly lot

Sandra
    Sandra

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for all your help. I have put a request on this site for my new dates.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hopefully you will find something suitable for your dates. Like many owners we advertise on more than one site so we know there are genuine homes on other sites as well.
    Babblin Boo