Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air boat ride

Florida Junior

Air boat ride

Hi

My wife and I are going to orlando on 14th October for 3 weeks. We have been going for the last 8 years and have never done an air boat ride does anyone have any advice for which is the best to do and what time of day.

We are staying on the us27 in the westridge area and don't mind traveling a distance for a good experience

Thanks

Graham

Our favourite was definately the ride we took from the Tamiami Trail.
    Jan

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    We have found Boggy Creek really good in the past-reasonable price as well

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Quote Originally Posted by eagleydo View Post
    Our favourite was definately the ride we took from the Tamiami Trail.
    I agree. We did the Boggy Creek airboat ride and was not as impressed as when we went to the Tamiami Trail. There are a number of airboat rides down there to choose from, would highly recommend it. We also fly out on the 14th October coming quick now.
    Lyn

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Just checked and the one we used was Everglades Safari Park which is not far from Miami. According to google maps it is 227 miles and a 4hr journey straight down the 27, hope this helps.
    Lyn

We have done this one at Midway, It is closer than the Everglades and every bit as good http://www.airboatridesatmidway.com/ This place knocks spots off of Boggy Creek.

Dave

We have also done Boggy Creek and was quite dissapointed, Captain John's Old Fashioned Airboat Ride on the St John's River was far superior and well worth the drive.
    Roger

Also done Boggy Creek - not impressed... Too much emphasis on "don't it go fast & make a lot of noise" & far to little ( in our estimate) on the wildlife...
    We did Cypress Lake Airboat Tours & really enjoyed the experience !!

Administrator
    I'd highly recommend Wild Willy's http://www.wildwillysairboattours.com/ having done both them and Boggy Creek.
    You get longer in the boat, and more knowledgeable staff who are keen to show you plenty of wildlife. We live just up the lake from them and was interesting to learn about the local area. They are on Lake Toho but the opposite side from Boggy Creek. I'd guess a 40 minute drive from the 27 area, just south of Kissimmee off Neptune Road.

Florida Chatterbox
    We did Speedy Johnsons in Everglades city, really recommend it but it's a long way from Orlando