Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Air boat ride

Super Moderator
    We have also done this trip and followed up with a visit to Ted Smallwood's trading post at Chokoloskee which is a wonderful insight into life in times gone by.

I've only ever done Boggy Creek. I quite enjoyed it... until I read this thread!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    I've only ever done Boggy Creek. I quite enjoyed it... until I read this thread!
    I really enjoyed Boggy Creek. Just that I since did Wild Willy's which we felt was better. The boats were a lot smaller and had about twice the time compared to Boggy Creek.

Florida Savvy
    I enjoyed boggy creek too! I found it a good mix of wildlife with a bit of excitement thrown in when he zig zagged across the lake. BUT it's the only company I've used so nothing to compare it too!

we have done Boggy Creek a couple of times, first time we loved it, second time not so... want to find another one to try so keeping an eye to this thread... u may also wanna try for something different ecosafari its lovely check it out online x
    Liesa

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    I really enjoyed Boggy Creek. Just that I since did Wild Willy's which we felt was better. The boats were a lot smaller and had about twice the time compared to Boggy Creek.
    I'll have to look up 'Wild Willy's' when I next visit... I'll have to be very careful putting that into a search engine though!

Florida Chatterbox
    I have looked at the wild Willy's web site and noticed the waterway is all fairly open spaces. Is that normal for the central Florida area. The only one we have done was Speedy Johnsons at evergalde city and the first part was through the mangroves which were very narrow and with low overhead branches that virtually blocked out the light. Then it moved out into more open waterways.

I just assumed that's what all the airboat rides were like.

Florida Savvy
    Boggy Creek is done on a lake - albeit a shallow one with lots of foliage in the water, you spend sometime going very slowly around the reed beds and then go for a spin over the open water.

Florida Chatterbox
    Hello

If you decide to go on an air boat ride in the evening take a cardigan it can get quite chilly as you are wizzing along

Administrator
    Lake Toho (Boggy Creek and Wild Willy's) is around 12 miles long and 4 miles wide, and is relatively shallow throughout (hence being a world renowned bass fishing lake). The airboats tend to stay around the edges which is where gators and other wildlife can mostly be found. Plus it's more fun at the edges since the boats often go up over mud flats and low-level land.