Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Price of flights??

That's really tempting - both because of the fares and the chance to fly the Dreamliner.

Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I expect that the school holiday fares will go very quickly at those prices.
    Not only that KG but the prices are increasing every few hours for that time. When my son first saw them at work yesterday lunchtime he didn't have his credit card with him so he had to leave it until he got home, by which time the total price had gone up by £300 and he was a bit miffed. I said it was still a great deal and to go for it. I have just checked and they have gone up by another £550, so that's £850 in just over 24 hours.
    Keith

We're not flying late April 2014 as Easter is so late so we're looking at late December. It's cheaper to fly MAN-LHR-MIA with Virgin than MAN-MCO or even LHR-MIA !!
    Regards, Mark

I'm steering clear of the Dreamliner for a while. I prefer to limit my aircraft choice to ones that don't burst into flames.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by syrup View Post
    Not only that KG but the prices are increasing every few hours for that time. When my son first saw them at work yesterday lunchtime he didn't have his credit card with him so he had to leave it until he got home, by which time the total price had gone up by £300 and he was a bit miffed. I said it was still a great deal and to go for it. I have just checked and they have gone up by another £550, so that's £850 in just over 24 hours.
    Keith
    Some of the airlines have "smart pricing" built into the searches from my understanding, so if lots of people are looking at the same dates, they will get dearer, similarly there will be xxx amount of seats at the lower price and then the flight will get dearer as they go into the next band etc.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    I'm steering clear of the Dreamliner for a while. I prefer to limit my aircraft choice to ones that don't burst into flames.
    Me too, there have been too many similar incidents for me to feel they are totally proven yet. Same as phones etc. wait for the second generation to get the bugs ironed.
    Babblin Boo

Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    Me too, there have been too many similar incidents for me to feel they are totally proven yet. Same as phones etc. wait for the second generation to get the bugs ironed.
    Hopefull it will all be sorted by the time my son goes next August.

As a note since my son booked yesterday evening it has now risen another £805 in total.
    Keith

At the prices on offer I'd "chance it"...just want to get to USA as cheaply as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    Keith
    Some of the airlines have "smart pricing" built into the searches from my understanding, so if lots of people are looking at the same dates, they will get dearer, similarly there will be xxx amount of seats at the lower price and then the flight will get dearer as they go into the next band etc.
    That's got to be the reason Steph as they are going up so quickly for the school holiday period, other dates are staying roughly about the same.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post

Pah! Wimp.