Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Price of flights??

Florida Savvy

Price of flights??

Is it me or are the flights to orlando increasing a lot in price?
    We are way ahead of ourselves but are looking for prices during easter 2015/2016.
    Its a long way off and I know flights not out,but easter 2014 as a comparison with virgin £3600???
    That cant be right!

Anyone know of a way of making this considerably cheaper?

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Easter and any holiday period is always expensive, how many people was the $3600 for?
    Lyn

Virgin have a sale at the moment if you collect their loyalty miles.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    I'm afraid the only times you're going to get anything even close to a bargain on flights these days is if you are prepared to fly at times when nobody else does! Even then, you're probably in the £500-600 range. Judging by some recent threads on here, Virgin during school holidays could well cost you in the region of £1,000 each in Economy.

The best advice seems to be that you should expand your airline options and don't dismiss taking a connecting flight to get the price down. Above, all, keep looking because occasionally good fares do crop up but be ready to pull the trigger when they do.

Good hunting.

Florida Savvy
    Yes its for 3 people...normally fly out of school holiday(not allowed anymore) at around £500 each like you say,but I aint or cant afford to pay £1200 each with virgin...ouch!!

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    £1200 is a silly price to have to pay, they really take advantage of people having to fly at these times.
    Lyn

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I would certainly look into having a stop eg philadelphia --apart from anything else it beaks up the journey and if you save 2-300 pounds each that is a heck of a lot of money

Why not check out the Charter Airlines Thomson, Monarch or Thomas cook into Sanford.

Florida Expert
    Look at indirect flights to other US airports eg Atlanta, Philadelphia, new York etc then get a cheap flight down to Orlando or Tampa.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by brownm View Post
    Why not check out the Charter Airlines Thomson, Monarch or Thomas cook into Sanford.
    Don't know if you spotted my thread from May, but I can report that Monarch are not offering Flights for Easter 2014, Thomas Cook flights are £1070 per seat and Thomson are matching Virgin at £1300. (prices as at May 2013, I'm not looking again in case they've come down!)
    As other contributors are advising, the only way to get sub-£800 flights is to travel via a hub. For us in the North West, US Airways via Philadelphia usually offer best value.
    Dave.