Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Price of flights??

You should definitely consider going indirect. We fly out on 8th April 2014, so within the Easter holiday period. We have booked with United out of Manchester via Washington. We have paid £540 each. Granted we will not return until June but even if we were coming back within the actual Easter period it would still have been around £620 at the time of booking. We searched for flights on www.fly.com but you could also look at skyscanner.net

There are definitely some ridiculous prices out there for peak period flights.

Florida Chatterbox
    We flew during July & Aug this year (both flights during school holidays). We paid £750 with US via Philly. I used Kayak to track the flights, put in the dates and where to fly from and to and saved the search. Kayak then check that route on a daily basis if you wish and email you the latest prices. Think it was around November last year when the price dipped to £750 so we booked. From memory the price stayed there for only a few days before creeping up again, I left the emails in place until the day we flew and the price never came down to £750 again.

Don't be put off by changing if there are only 3 of you it will be no hassle, yes the travelling is longer but if you make use of the time by having a drink or a meal it breaks things up. Also the US flight had much more room than the virgin flight.

Florida Savvy
    Yes its for 3 people...normally fly out of school holiday(not allowed anymore) at around £500 each like you say,but I aint or cant afford to pay £1200 each with virgin...ouch!!
    I would just go out of school holiday time, lets face it if you get a fine it will be far cheaper than paying silly flight prices !!!!

Florida Junior
    My two kids are now out of school, I'm gettin old! So I'm no longer stuck to school term times! I'm flying from Glasgow with Virgin at the end of April, no kids, apart from me, so we've "treated" ourselves to premium economy (basic on the way out) on the way back, £936 each. First proper holiday in years so we're pushing the boat out a bit!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigblue35 View Post
    My two kids are now out of school, I'm gettin old! So I'm no longer stuck to school term times! I'm flying from Glasgow with Virgin at the end of April, no kids, apart from me, so we've "treated" ourselves to premium economy (basic on the way out) on the way back, £936 each. First proper holiday in years so we're pushing the boat out a bit!
    We're going both ways PE At end of April for £968 but that is from Gatwick
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    We just booked flying with BA for £900 each for next August, not a price I really wanted to pay but am restricted to those specific dates. Have checked for indirect flights but prices I have found were not (in my opinion) much cheaper. Makes me kind of sick to think about paying that sort of money but I haven't got the guts to wait and see if the price will drop, I will just have to try not to check the prices in the next few months

Margaret

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    We just booked flying with BA for £900 each for next August, not a price I really wanted to pay but am restricted to those specific dates. Have checked for indirect flights but prices I have found were not (in my opinion) much cheaper. Makes me kind of sick to think about paying that sort of money but I haven't got the guts to wait and see if the price will drop, I will just have to try not to check the prices in the next few months

Margaret
    my sister booked BA last night for next JUly at £1011 per person (3 adults) including the car hire but Premium both ways so not too bad.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    my sister booked BA last night for next JUly at £1011 per person (3 adults) including the car hire but Premium both ways so not too bad.
    If that's with 2 weeks car hire and no extras it's actually exceptional because WT+ flight only is over £1,200 each in late July and August 2014.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 19-09-2013 at 17:05.

Gold 5 Star Member
    It is for 2 weeks 3-17th July so managed to get in just before the school hols but had been looking. Virgin Economy was showing as £1000 each when she started looking last week so when she saw this price booked it straight away.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    ...when she saw this price booked it straight away.
    Good decision for sure and I expect that it will look even better when the time comes.