Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Price of flights??

Daughter just got back from Florida - flew with Thomsons Dreamliner both ways. She was very impressed. Loads of leg room - multi coloured light show along the cabin ceiling before take-off which delighted all the kids on-board (including her!!). No incidents either way.
    Said she would travel on it every time - but hated Sanford in the departure area!!! Told her she should have splashed out and gone into that lounge area.

Florida Newbie
    Also travelled on Thomson Dreamliner and loved it but believe the Norwegian one has a slightly different seating configuration so less legroom. I like Sanford because you can sit outside and watch the plane, but the cost of drinks was prohibitive! Would have been cheaper to buy a bottle of wine in Duty Free!
    Sue.
    Sue

we went and came back on the dreamliner just this last wednesday, nice leg room but found that was all it offered... they came along with snacks and drinks and we were peckish so i bought for my grandkids and a few adults 8 small pots of pringles and 2 cups of tea charged an astronomical amount £18! disgusting! then literally ten minutes later they came along with an evening meal, 'beef cobbler' there was no childs meal for my two year old grandson and nothing for him to drink other then 'tea' luckily he had fallen asleep as he wouldve been crying loudly!! we were given no option to order kids meals as we booked with Thomas cook flexible trips the rest of it was done through Thomson flybe... we didnt even know what plane we were going on and when we tried to get seating together we were told we had to pay, we felt that the ten grand we had paid for 9 adults and 5 children was more then enough and felt they would keep those with small kids together so left it, we did sundown checkin the evening before which paid off and we all sat close to each other and kids with parents, but on the way back we were told we had one row... 3x4x3 and 4 in another row in front of that whole row... load of nonsense we were all seperated!! my daughter Lauren just 18 and a nervy flyer was a row behind and window seat with 2 indian people sitting next to her, they had changed their seats prior to Lauren getting t the seat as the old fella said he needed constant toilet trips... he didnt go once whole trip,
    back to sanford we love using this airport because its so small and its a bonus smokers can go outside to smoke... scary watching the dreamliner come in 2 hours late and watch the nessecery change round... the food court was good but we only bought snacks which we ended up eating in the airport as the plane was running approx 2 hours late the only time u really see anyone here was in departures ... dreamliner IMO is nothing special... oh and neither are the staff on the plane... they are no different to people who serve food in cafes or resteraunts so they should rein their noses in a bit!!! and stop thinking they are better then anyone else!! rant over xx sorry [msnembarrased]
    Liesa

Ouch.

Florida Newbie
    I've booked via Charter Travel with Virgin for 14th August 2014. Paid £1019 per person (for five of us) including a top range SUV with all the ins top ups etc. This really is getting into silly money territory now. I'm also a bit worried about seat allocation issues as per earlier in this thread. Beginning to wonder if it's worth upgrading to Premium as this is possibly now going to be our last Florida jaunt.

I have just been talking to Virgin and pricing up some flight in January. I have a free companion flight at present with my air miles plus one free upgrade from economy to premium and it is still cheaper to take advantage of the sale prices they are offering at present. I do wonder if collecting these air miles is just a con.
    I must say we find the Delta flight via Atlanta a lot cheaper and less hassle than clearing customs in Orlando and usually it is much cheaper.

Val

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    We have just flown on the dreamliner (to cuba not usa). Must admit it is a nice plane but extras do add up. Would defo go for this aircraft again if offered. The seat configuration on this was 3 3 3 not 3 4 3 as Liesa suggested the Sanford one was. Are they squeezing more in on the Florida flights than other flights
    Last edited by christhear; 30-12-2013 at 12:45.
    Christine

I've just been looking on US Airways and have found early March Dublin - Phil - MCO for €940 for both of us....happy days

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
    I've just been looking on US Airways and have found early March Dublin - Phil - MCO for €940 for both of us....happy days
    That's the advantage of not paying outrageous UK taxes Carol.

I'm seeing Dublin-Orlando for as little as £700 for 2 in March 2014 on BA an American as well so, as incredible as it may seem to those of us this side of the Irish Sea, you may actually have overpaid!!

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    Aer Lingus have some good prices at the moment
    Sandra