Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Price of flights??

Florida Chatterbox
    Unbelievable isn't it the ludicrous prices these flights are at now
    I really don't know how families can afford to go on holiday in the Summer months.

It's fast becoming a "once in a lifetime" trip - as it was up until ten years ago or so....shame!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
    It's fast becoming a "once in a lifetime" trip - as it was up until ten years ago or so....shame!
    my exMC who had bene in business for 12 years when we bought 13 years ago thought that would happen after 9/11, and said she hoped it did because then people would be more prepared to pay sensible prices for villas rather than expect them for peanuts because they wanted to go at least once a year if not twice like they could with Spain etc.
    Babblin Boo

Norwegian Airlines. They are doing some incredible cheap flights, as low as £360 return direct. Flying Dreamliners

The downside. They don't start until next July. Only fly Mondays & Fridays. Only fly from Gatwick. Only fly to Fort Lauderdale and don't arrive until 10pm. There are also add-ons but not expensive.

My son has booked 2 adults and three children for August 2014 (school holidays) £3100 return including add-ons. I think the prices may all be the same regardless of age. He is holidaying in Orlando but will get a motel near Fort Lauderdale Airport for one night and travel on to Orlando early the next a.m. Considering B.A. want over twice that for direct flights not a bad saving.
    Keith

Gold 5 Star Member
    I can imagine the saving Keith, I have just checked some prices for 18th August coming back beg September, BA wants £3800 and Norwegian £2100 with add ons. We also like to stay in Fort Lauderdale so for us it's a good way of combining a short stay in another area. Fort Lauderdale is a smaller airport, so I would imagine getting through customs is a lot quicker. I think they are worth a try. Usually Scandinavian services are very good.
    Jan&Steve

Gold 5 Star Member
    meant to say including the add ons
    Jan&Steve

We've gone in through Ft Lauderdale more than once and the sirport is very civilized after MCO madness. Motels very good and reasonable too - we go to Lauderdale-by-the Sea - 10 mins and straight run from airport and right by Turnpikes to head for Orlando too.

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's a very interesting move although these are clearly introductory fares because they can't be making money at these prices given all the taxes and charges that are associated with UK airfares. What I like is the fact that you can fly 1 way for half the return fare so if you only have a few frequent flyer miles you can combine them and book 2 one ways.

Also worth noting that their services to New York, LA and Ft Lauderdale are using a single Dreamliner operating throughout the week to those destinations on different days. The history of other carriers using that strategy doesn't fill me with too much confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Also worth noting that their services to New York, LA and Ft Lauderdale are using a single Dreamliner operating throughout the week to those destinations on different days. The history of other carriers using that strategy doesn't fill me with too much confidence.
    I agree but at those savings I think it's worth the gamble.
    Keith

Gold 5 Star Member
    I agree Keith because even if there's a problem they should get you home by whatever means. Getting to Gatwick isn't really worth the hassle for me but I'd seriously consider it if I was a bit closer.

I expect that the school holiday fares will go very quickly at those prices.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 18-10-2013 at 13:51.