Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: confused Thomas Cook/Thomsonfly

confused Thomas Cook/Thomsonfly

Hi All
    a few months back we went to town and booked flights with Thomas Cook in Brighton for 14 of us to travel to florida 2nd of october 2013, its coming round fast...
    just thought i'd ask here instead of going into town to ask...
    i booked through TC but it appears we're flying with Thomsonfly
    i have tried seating plans but cant do that have tried looking at meals.. cant do that either,
    yesterday we got the E-tickets
    we are flying into Sanford my favourite airport
    i wanted to know about 'twilight checkin' we used with virgin and have found Thomas Cook do a 'sundown' checkin the evening before which we wanted to use but again cant get anything up that gives any info as we used flexible trips
    I have gone into their forum and asked in there got one reply being told "If you're flying with Thomsons Airlines you can't use Thomas Cook Airlines check in."
    Doesnt seem right as we booked with TC, (we first went into Thomsons but the staff werent very nice in the way we were addressed when going in as they were busy... attitude)

does anyone have any info please? would love to know any info such as seat plans/food etc etc.... Thankyou xx (we have 5 young children 9,6 2x5and 2 year old)
    Liesa

Did you just go into a Thomas Cook shop and book flights through them with Thomsons ? That would mean you are flying with Thomsons and not Thomas Cook and would not be able to use any Thomas Cook facilities - like their early check in etc.
    If you now have your e-ticket that should show who you are flying with, flight number, booking ref etc and that info should help you find your flight on line. I have never flown with Thomsons Airlines so don't know about choosing seats etc but I am sure someone else on this site has and will be able to help.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Thanks Sue, we went into Thomas Cooks shop in town .... as far as we were concerned we were booking with them...
    just had a chat online with a member of the team and she said i have to call flexibletrips as she couldnt help me... think Steve and i will nip down there later thanks xx
    Liesa

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by LiesaAnna View Post
    Thanks Sue, we went into Thomas Cooks shop in town .... as far as we were concerned we were booking with them...
    just had a chat online with a member of the team and she said i have to call flexibletrips as she couldnt help me... think Steve and i will nip down there later thanks xx
    Liesa,

Sounds like Thomas Cook are just acting here as a Travel Agent - the actual Tour Operators are Flexible Trips and if you check their website for 2nd October the only flight is indeed with with Thomson Airways (flight no. TOM070). The link to Thomson's "select a seat" service is below although it looks like you may have to pay extra (if you've not already done so?) - with a group of 14 passengers it's likely the airline will have already allocated seats for your party anyway (hopefully together) but I guess you'd need to speak to Flexible and/or Thomson to find out. There's nothing obvious on Thomson's site about twilight check-in etc. so presumably they don't do it.

https://flightextras.thomson.co.uk/w...xzSW1wbA%3D%3D
    Pete
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1593.aspx

Thomsons had twilight check-in at Manchester airport last year but not sure if they still do it as the 'day before check-in' link on the Thomsons website is not working.