Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thomsons food

Florida Chatterbox

Thomsons food

Don't want to hijack the Virgin thread about food but what is the food like on a Thomson flight? If the flight leaves at 10.00 I assume the first meal will be dinner? Is it served a couple of hours into the flight and if so do they come round with the offer to buy a drink in the meantime?

Thanks

Trina
    www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3180.aspx

Florida Chatterbox
    It was May 2012 when we flew with Thomsons but my recollection is that we departed Manchester at 10.30am and were offered drinks not long afterwards. Lunch was served at around 1.00pm (UK time), around 2.5 hours into the flight. We then had a light afternoon tea of a sandwich and scone (I think) about 1.5 hours before landing at Sanford. Drinks were offered during the flight.

The food was okay. I know some people refuse to eat airline food but we generally have a good breakfast in Frankie & Benny's at Manchester Airport so if lunch is not to our liking we don't go hungry. However we found the food okay by airline standards and possibly better than Virgin and ate it but I'm not a fussy eater.

We found Thomsons very good and are flying with them next May on the Dreamliner so would not hesitate to recommend them, particularly if they are cheaper than Virgin.

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    As plane food goes I think it is one of the best.
    Lyn

Florida Chatterbox
    Thank you for your replies. Do ALL drinks have to be paid for? Even those at meal times?

This is the first time we have flown Thomsons from Sanford and we are going on the Dreamliner. Think we have got a bit complacent travelling with just Virgin and BA year in year out so we are even more excited about our trip this time!

Trina

I think tea/coffee are served FOC with meals in the economy section but everything else has to be paid for. We flew Thomsons from Manchester last year but in their PE section - all drinks are free in this section. We were lucky in that when we booked it worked out at only about £20 more to book PE then it was to travel economy plus luggage plus seat selection. Worth every penny and the food was delicious!!

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Yes you get tea and coffee with your meal (or more like after your meal). Before they serve the meal they will come round trying to sell drinks and snacks, then they come round with your meal.
    Lyn

if you are leaving from manchester ...why not do what we did , booked two family rooms in the premier inn and had a good nights sleep and then a hearty breakfast' we started with rice crispies or corn flakes and tea or a selection of juices , then you could have a fry-up followed by toast and tea ....all for around £8 (remembering that the children eat free when accompanied by an adult . ) all in all a good experience ....and a good price for a hearty breakfast .

Florida Chatterbox
    We are booked into a B & B the night before - 'hearty breakfast' included! So, as long as we can take some light refreshments onboard with us i'm sure we'll be happy.

Hi
    Just looking for any updates on this topic. We are flying Gat/Sanford at the end of April - economy. We have never flown Thomson or to Sanford before. Do you pay for soft drinks ? Should I buy a small bottle or two of coke after security at the airport ? Do I need to take sandwiches etc ? I always take some of the small size Pringles for snacks even on Virgin as my daughter loves those. Also, any tips about Sanford or car pick up/ drive to the H27 area ? We have always used Orlando Int before so this will all be new to us.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    Hi
    Just looking for any updates on this topic. We are flying Gat/Sanford at the end of April - economy. We have never flown Thomson or to Sanford before. Do you pay for soft drinks ? Should I buy a small bottle or two of coke after security at the airport ? Do I need to take sandwiches etc ? I always take some of the small size Pringles for snacks even on Virgin as my daughter loves those. Also, any tips about Sanford or car pick up/ drive to the H27 area ? We have always used Orlando Int before so this will all be new to us.

Sue
    You pay for your drinks - soft or alcoholic - and snacks. Food not bad but we usually get a meal deal to share from Boots plus extra bottled water whoever we travel with. Dump anything we don't eat just before landing.

Easy to get to H27 - watch out for the signs for the 417 Greeneway once you leave the airport which is a left turn under the flyover. It is a toll road and will cost circa $5 to travel to the end which is near Celebration with very easy access to the I4 west and H27.
    You can of course travel toll free by not joining the 417 but travel straight ahead where you will eventually meet the I4 just north of the real city of Orlando but as you will probably be on that section just as all the office staff are leaving work you may get into rush hour traffic. Tried it this way just the once - never again!!

Car hire easy to pick up as most companies have their offices just across from the main building and the cars are just outside.

We love Sanford as we find it a lot quicker and more friendly then MCO and the extra 15-20 min drive to the 27 is more then made up by the speed of immigration and customs in our experience.

Enjoy!