Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Security

Florida Expert

Security

Just arrived back from New York, our suitcases were cable tied, one has been opened (the one with all dirty washing in!) straps not put back on inside and no note inside! have they stopped doing this, does anyone know? Before we have always had a note in.

We have always had a note inside and it seams to go that either all our cases are opened or none. Do you have anything missing ?

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    If they are opened they are supposed to have a note in so you know it was opened legitimately.
    Babblin Boo

I have never had a note and have had lots of small items(relatively inexpensive) go missing. The only problem was when my eyedrops went missing on the flight out, unable to replace whilst there. Not suppose to miss them as I have glaucoma, but unable to get prescription filled at chemist so in the end I just went without, luckily no problems.
    Jan

Florida Expert
    Does not seem to be anything missing, we have had notes in before, i suppose it could have happened in London as we had a connecting flights to Manchester.

we had a note left first and only trip.. that i'm aware of
    Liesa

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Just got back yesterday:-(

5 Cases, 3 opened, 2 with note's in, 1 without.

Figure that one out. (Nothing missing).
    mike

We just got back yesterday. 3 suitcases checked in, all 3 opened and searched, but notes left in only 2 of them. Have to confess we're a bit cross. They really made a dreadful mess of all of them, didn't re-zip any of the internal compartments etc.
    Tonish

Gold 5 Star Member
    Most of the examples on this thread seem to relate to the return flights. I'm a bit surprised by that because my own experience has been that our bags tend to be opened much more frequently on the flights to the US rather than on the way back. I normally put it down to some of the foodstuff (tea especially) that my wife insists we take.

Florida Expert
    We have never had it going out, and i have had foodstuffs in, always happened on way back, i think they should be made to put notes in and make sure they have put straps back on.