Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aeroplane Food

Florida Savvy

Aeroplane Food

Flying with Virgin on Sunday to Las Vegas then onto Orlando later , our 18 year old daughter will be with us who will not eat aeroplane food as she calls it ,my question is if we were to take something like a pot noodle onto the plane will cabin crew accommodate with some hot water.

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Not having flown with Virgin for some years now, but giving hot water should not be a problem. but the dietary content of a pot noodle compared to the airplane meal is far worse. You can have any sort of meal ordered on the flight and I hear that many of the alternative options, like kosher etc are very good, and many have chosen to order these over the regular beef or chicken options.
    CERI

Why not buy sandwiches or rolls in the departure lounge to take on the plane, we have to for our daughter as she is diabetic.
    Karen

Gold 5 Star Member
    You can also take your own food through security so can just pack up at home what will be eaten. I am not sure if they will fill the pot noodle knwing what stupid regs there are about health and safety etc. some won't even heat babies bottles. Alternatively if you take and empty flask with you it may be possible to get some hot water from one of the coffeee shops and fillt it yourself on the flight.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't know if they will do the Pot Noodle or not but they definitely won't provide BOILING water because safety requirements onboard won't allow it and the equipment isn't designed to reach that temperature (that's the reason why the tea is usually so awful).

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We never, ever, eat airplane food anymore as it's disgusting at worst and bland and tasteless at best. We either eat a hearty meal before arriving at the airport or take sandwiches and crisps / fresh fruit with us. It also helps with jet-lag especially on the way home as who the heck eats a meal at 2am UK time (which is perhaps when it's served on the plane).

Make sure you have eaten / disposed of all food before you enter the US though as there are lots of items you are not supposed to bring in to the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    I don't know if they will do the Pot Noodle or not but they definitely won't provide BOILING water because safety requirements onboard won't allow it and the equipment isn't designed to reach that temperature (that's the reason why the tea is usually so awful).
    Water boils at a much lower temperature at altitude - so you will never get a good cup of tea on a plane.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Take sarnies with you
    Lynne

I'm vegetarian, so always book a special meal before the flight. Every time I go in to book it, I keep wishing there was a 'just gimme a bloody cheese sandwich' option!

I usually end up taking a look under the cover and putting it straight back... Then face the agonising wait for them to take it away while it invades not only my already restricted space, but also my nostrils.

I don't know what all the fuss is about with these 'mock meals'. A selection of snacks and sandwiches would be fine.

We either go for breakfast in the departure lounge or get a meal deal from Boots, both work well for us.
    Diane.