Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BA announce additional flights to Orlando

Florida Chatterbox

BA announce additional flights to Orlando

BA have announced that in 2014 they will be increasing there flights from Gatwick to Orlando from 10 per week to 13 per week.
    http://www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3389.aspx

Florida Expert gail and david roberts's Avatar
    wish they where going from Manchester
    Gail

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Me too. They are more like London Airways than Britsh Airways .
    Quote Originally Posted by gail and david roberts View Post
    wish they where going from Manchester

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Me too. Driving to Gatwick is a real pain.
    Lyn

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk View Post
    Me too. They are more like London Airways than Britsh Airways .
    Added to the fact that BA pulled their Manchester to Gatwick service earlier this year so it isn't even an easy connection these days.

Woo hoo! That's awesome - that means there's more chance of getting a flight that's not totally packed.

Now I just wish they'd run a few out of Heathrow, then I wouldn't need to bother with airport parking.

the odd flight out of edinburgh would be nice ....we travelled to manchester from polmont and missed our link due to a cancelled train by the train company ....so a little zipping across the country got us to our destination (manchester ) a few hours late but we luckily had booked into the premier inn for the night before we had to fly , so there was no real panic when we could not make the link due to a cancelled train .When we got to manchester we went for a few taxis to take us to the hotel but we were stopped in our tracks by a fella who had just won one million pounds on the euro millions ....to say he was happy was an understatement .good luck to him .

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Added to the fact that BA pulled their Manchester to Gatwick service earlier this year so it isn't even an easy connection these days.
    Don't think it was as much they pulled it as they lost the bid for the slots and I think Virgin won them.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    Don't think it was as much they pulled it as they lost the bid for the slots and I think Virgin won them.
    They definitely pulled it in March this year Steph. At the time they said they wanted to "focus their operations on Heathrow" which means that it's BA's only domestic or international destination flying out of Manchester since.

Virgin's new service was introduced when BMI folded and only flies to Heathrow. There is no service to Gatwick on any carrier from Manchester now.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 30-08-2013 at 04:15.

I hate having to go from Gatwick, we're in the Midlands but it's still 2 and a half hours. Not too bad going but coming back is dangerous when you're so tired. We used to go to Manchester and fly to Gatwick when it was free or at most £30. Shame it's no longer operated. If only BA went from Birmingham, not sure why they don't operate at all from there, someone once said that BA fell out with the airport for some reason, not sure if that's true.