Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Parking in parks

Gold 5 Star Member
    Unfortunately it's one of the hidden costs of visiting the parks that you may not think of. If you are going to be going a lot then it is worth considering one of the party getting an annual pass. If you have someone who isnt keen on rides and they don't mind taking longer then they can drop ou off at the park, go onto Downtown Disney and catch the transportation back but it will take considerably longer as not all the buses go direct so you may have to juggle how you do it. At the end of the day it's $15 so the price of a couple of drinks.
    Babblin Boo

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    Unfortunately it's one of the hidden costs of visiting the parks that you may not think of. If you are going to be going a lot then it is worth considering one of the party getting an annual pass. If you have someone who isnt keen on rides and they don't mind taking longer then they can drop ou off at the park, go onto Downtown Disney and catch the transportation back but it will take considerably longer as not all the buses go direct so you may have to juggle how you do it. At the end of the day it's $15 so the price of a couple of drinks.
    None of the buses go direct.
    Lyn

Parking at DTD is not always easy - it gets very busy, and with all the new building works it will only get worse. It is a lot of effort especially with children/push chairs etc. two buses with the waiting time, each way to save £10. For us it could be enough to spoil a great day, especially coming home with tired children and after all the other money spent on the holiday to spoil a day for a $15 parking cost is just not worth it.

Sue
    Last edited by Gerry Reed; 25-08-2013 at 17:00.
    Gerry and Sue

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I include it as part of my daily "spends"--if i am spending a few thousand on my holiday and go to the parks 8 days of 14 its another £100--i certainly wouldn't go to the trouble of parking at dtd and then commuting

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    Parking at DTD is not always easy - it gets very busy, and with all the new building works it will only get worse. It is a lot of effort especially with children/push chairs etc. two buses with the waiting time, each way to save £10. For us it could be enough to spoil a great day, especially coming home with tired children and after all the other money spent on the holiday to spoil a day for a $15 parking cost is just not worth it.Sue
    Would agree with this, would not advice parking at DTD to anyone with small children, or are only there for 2/3 weeks. It only really works for people who spend extended periods in Florida. As I said before we like to visit a hotel, have a look round perhaps have a drink then continue on to a park, spend 2 to 3 hours then start the journey back, for us it makes a pleasant day out.
    Lyn

Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Would agree with this, would not advice parking at DTD to anyone with small children, or are only there for 2/3 weeks. It only really works for people who spend extended periods in Florida. As I said before we like to visit a hotel, have a look round perhaps have a drink then continue on to a park, spend 2 to 3 hours then start the journey back, for us it makes a pleasant day out.
    We also enjoy visiting the Disney themed hotels for a look around and a drink but I am sure that I saw a notice in one saying that we could only park for two hours - so not time to get to a park and back.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Newbie
    Thanks all its been interesting reading on the hole 15$ is not to bad as my wife reminded me we were paying £5.70 for parking in Cornwall and £3 at drayton maner

For the smaller parks, keep an eye out for annual pass offers. Seaworld usually have some offer that lets you change your ticket for an annual pass for an extra $10.

Last time I visited Kennedy Space Centre, they had an offer that, in effect, meant that I could have an annual pass for $10 more than a daily ticket, which is less than they charge for a single day parking, so it was worth the upgrade even if I was only visiting the once.

For Disney and Universal, you're out of luck. I know about the Downtown Disney workaround, but the transportation is deliberately time-consuming to dissuade guests from using it this way.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Right now, DTD has at least one whole lot closed during their construction. It could be more than one, there's a lot of construction taking place there.
    Mike

parking fees have always been a thorn in the side at any price. While I am not defending the cost compared to anywhere. It is fast efficient, spaces with room and ground transport from car to the parks is great. Alton Towers is $10 and the walk in is quite frankly risky (pot holes, lack of defined pathways).
    For those new to Disney, pay the fee. Do not mess around with transport from hotels or Downtown Disney. It really does not make for a good start to the day. Then at the end you have to do it all again.
    For hardened regulars it can a fun day mooching around the hotels (particularly at Xmas) and popping into the parks.