Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parking in parks

Florida Newbie

Parking in parks

What the cheapest way to park I was looking on eBay and you can rent a parking permit does this work or is it just a scam ?

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Never heard of such a thing. There are one of three ways. If you have annual passes to the parks, parking is included. Driving by car with a tourist pass etc, everyone will pay for parking on your first admission of the day but, you can then hop to any of the other parks. (disney) and your parking fee is valid all day. Or go to Downtown Disney and park and catch the disney transportation to any where you want. There is no such thing as parking permit to rent.
    CERI

Florida Newbie
    Thanks iv just been back on and it's gone seemed to good to be true

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    If you have the time parking at Downtown Disney is free, you can then get the free transportation, however it does not go to the parks (as it is meant for the Disney hotel guests) so you catch a bus/boat to one of the hotels then another bus/boat to the Disney park, this is time consuming and if you want a full day in the park you are best to bite the bullet and pay the $15. We now have an annual pass and only spend a couple of hours in a park so we have no rush and like to use the free transportation as it is interesting to see the different hotels and use the different forms of transport.
    Lyn

I've seen these on eBay too, and can only assume they are owners of annual passes trying to recoup some of their expenditure. They insist on Special Delivery in each direction, so that's in excess of one day of parking, and usually charge you for 3 weeks of use to allow for the delivery time and returning time, so I decided I was unlikely to save much on 5 visits to Disney parks.
    So, not really answered your question, but that's my tuppence worth of wisdom on the topic!

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Annual passes are non transferable. If this is what is being done, it is illegal, and I would not recommend anyone to take this option. You could end up being banned from Disney premises if caught, and probably prosecuted.
    CERI

I agree with Ceri, Disney will definitely prosecute.

Andrena

My only knowledge of Floridian law is from reading Carl Hiaasen books, but I think Disney might be disappointed if they expected a police officer to arrest someone for unauthorised transfer of an annual pass. They'd more likely have to take civil action, unless Disney T's+C's are actually classed as Law in Florida.

I'm happy to be corrected.

Tickets are considered under Florida Law, this is how the resellers get arrested (major source of state income tax). The guy on ebay is being looked into...... . I know of 2 passes that were confiscated as the ID did not match. Trust me its worth worth wasting half a day or more of your hard earned vacation time, trying explain why you are using some elses passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dads_Taxi View Post
    My only knowledge of Floridian law is from reading Carl Hiaasen books, but I think Disney might be disappointed if they expected a police officer to arrest someone for unauthorised transfer of an annual pass. They'd more likely have to take civil action, unless Disney T's+C's are actually classed as Law in Florida.

I'm happy to be corrected.

I Stand Corrected

Thank you Martin for the correction, you truly are The Ticket Guru
    Dave.