Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thomsons Hand Luggage only

Florida Chatterbox

Thomsons Hand Luggage only

Hi there,

Flying with Thomsons into Sandford hand baggage only on this trip.
    Read all the blurb about the size of case and weight. Having never flown with them before or even into Sandford does anyone have any tips? How strict are they on weight? For example do they weigh your cases again before getting on the plane incase you have gone over the weight on goodies at duty free? How is immigration? Long queues like Orlando Airport? Car hire? Long queues? Any advise gratefully received.
    Thanks
    Trina
    www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3180.aspx

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    We have flown several times with Thomson, hand luggage only. They are fairly strict on the 5kilos, they have never reweighed my hand luggage at the gate but I only take a large handbag not a small suitcase. I seem to be questioned more at immigration at Sanford than I do at Orlando, but so far have not really had a problem, the queues are about the same .We use Alamo car rental (through this site) and it is just a short walk away. Because you have no luggage to wait for you should get to the car hire desk ahead of most others on your flight and we have never had to wait.
    Lyn

My daughter flew hand luggage only with them last year and they were very strict on weight at check in but didn't weigh again at the gate. Make sure you wear something with lots of pockets []
    Caroline & Dave

Florida Expert
    I have a jacket with VERY deep pockets inside and out into which I can cram an amazing amount of heavy stuff.

Florida Savvy
    Quote Originally Posted by heathercobbett View Post
    I have a jacket with VERY deep pockets inside and out into which I can cram an amazing amount of heavy stuff.
    Is this you then Heather?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...s-flights.html
    Pete
    http://www.onlinefloridavillas.com/Villas/1593.aspx

Florida Savvy
    Who would really wear one of those!! Lol. Wouldn't want to be sat next to them!

You wouldn't be wearing during flight so what s the problem?

Andrea

Florida Savvy
    Ah, I see!! You take them off!! Was thinking particularly about the brown leather looking dress. Out of interest how much do they sell for?

Florida Chatterbox
    Thank you for the info. Do you have to put your bag into anything to check the size?
    www.villasflorida.com/florida-vacation-rental-3180.aspx

Thomsons can get quite sniffy about hand luggage (depends which side the check-in person got up that morning !!)
    Their regs. state: maximum dimensions of 55x40x20cm & 5Kgm with NO other carryon...
    We fly with them often, use soft 'squishy' bags &, on one occasion, had to abandon a duty-free bottle as, even though underweight made our bag oversize in the 20cm direction !!
    They can & sometimes do check the fit of your bag in their measuring rack.....
    But they ONLY want you to pay an extra Ł70 for hold luggage & will happily charge if they can