Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GPS Sat Nav Orlando /Florida Map

Florida Chatterbox

GPS Sat Nav Orlando /Florida Map

I have a garmin gps - just looked up the USA maps and thy would cost £80 to download. It costs £70 to add one to the car hire ....
    any idea how much they cost in walmart? to buy new?
    Anyone any suggestions ???

If you choose the option to have the GPS delivered to you before you go in the UK, it s £55 for two weeks including return postage. You can buy units in florida for around $100 for a cheap one but that is without map updates. Depends what is on offer. The better ones are more (obviously).

Florida Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
    I have a garmin gps - just looked up the USA maps and thy would cost £80 to download. It costs £70 to add one to the car hire ....
    any idea how much they cost in walmart? to buy new?
    Anyone any suggestions ???
    Try looking on Ebay for a TomTom 910 they come pre-loaded with world maps so you have it for good

Florida Chatterbox

GPS Sat Nav Orlando /Florida Map

I have one of the tom tom 900 series with USA on and have taken it on the last 4 trips but if I was not going every year then I would hire one off this site for 55 quid as that sounds a pretty good deal to me.

Florida Chatterbox
    ooh thanks guys
    Martin - you refer to delivery here in uk is that via charter travel?
    Sam4237- thanks there are a few on ebay at the moment.
    I have just had another idea too - my new HTC one phone has gps and google maps on it - I am going to check if it will work in Orlando ... hadn't occurred to me before.

Sorry I assumed you were using the link above for your car hire. That said, even if you book elsewhere you can still rent a unit from us for the same price

ooh thanks guys
    I have just had another idea too - my new HTC one phone has gps and google maps on it - I am going to check if it will work in Orlando ... hadn't occurred to me before.

I've rented a satnav from this site before and it was excellent - the delivery was timely, the maps were up-to-date and the unit was nice to use.

I've since bought a GPS app for my iPhone with USA maps, which means my directions are always in my pocket.

Florida Chatterbox
    ooh thanks guys
    Careful with that, you'll be turning on location services and it may start grabbing info for the maps from the network so you'll come back wishing you'd bought a Sat Nav, maybe even 10 of them with the amount you might get charged for using your phone!

It might just use the GPS and installed map data but i doubt it.
    Garry Pullan

Florida Chatterbox
    ok so a little research later and you are right Garry - it will cost me £8 per day from my phone provider to use gps on the phone in USA - way too expensive! Martin - I have hired a car through Charter travel - I was told it would be £70 per week to hire a gps too. ...may be that was for the rental company in usa to provide ??

It cost us $180 dollars to hire one (for three weeks) from sixT (middle of june))......I thought it was a bit steep as you can buy them in walmart for less($130-160) ....but we would have been lost without it , i would advise anyone who is making their first trip, or are not sure of their bearings then hire a sat-nav...yes , quite dear but well worth it ...we would have been lost without it although if we were to go back now we could manage without one .....just that initial first few days/week until you get your bearings would be a nightmare without the sat-nav.